Selfish is Human Nature

When Jisoo wakes up, tears and a worried look by Chaeyoung welcome her.

“Jisoo!! Oh thank god!!”

“Chaeyoung,” Jisoo croaks. Her tired eyes meet Chaeyoung’s worry and teary one. She wants to move her hand to wipes the tears of the girl on top of her but her hand (her whole body) feels so heavy. Jisoo closes her eyes and she still can see her dream. Dream of blood, bullet, innocent eyes, and a small body that lie without life.

“How long was I asleep?” Jisoo asks with her eyes still close.

“Three days.” The brunette opens her eyes when she hears Chaeyoung answer. The anahera keeps stroking her face. She then pulls Jisoo’s head to her chest and buries her face to the human’s hair, breathing into it.

“You scared me so much, Soo,” Chaeyoung murmurs against Jisoo’s hair. The latter can feel the former body trembles a little. “You suddenly fell unconscious in the middle of our conversation and it didn’t matter how hard I shook you or called you, you didn’t wake up.”

Conversation? Oh, yeah. That.

You’re also my… guardian angel.

“You scared me…” Chaeyoung says again while planting kisses on Jisoo’s forehead, and jaw, and cheeks. “So much.”

Jisoo slowly moves her hand to the blonde's back, intents to pull her closer, and surprises when she feels wetness on Chaeyoung’s back. Jisoo removes her hand and widens her eyes at the sight of blood on it. The wound on Chaeyoung’s back must be open again.

“Chae,” Jisoo says weakly. “How long…have you…been down here?”

Chaeyoung just shakes her head against Jisoo’s shoulder as an answer. Jisoo’s eyes soften. This girl must be really worried. Jisoo moves her arms around the girl’s body and pulls her as close as she can to her. She then presses her lips lightly against Chaeyoung’s cheek. The latter suddenly turns her head and presses her lips against Jisoo’s.

Jisoo tempts to close her eyes again but seeing how Chaeyoung keeps her eyes at Jisoo’s throughout the kiss makes her keep her eyes open. Chaeyoung looks at her with such desperation, like she’s afraid if she blinks she won’t see Jisoo again, and honestly, it breaks Jisoo’s heart. She doesn’t mean to make this girl so worried but she also doesn’t want to feel this weak.

Jisoo wants to keep her eyes open, she really wants to, but the heaviness comes back to her eyes and it doesn’t matter how hard she tries, she can feel her eyes slowly begins to drop. Chaeyoung widens her eyes with panic.

“Soo?! No! Don’t! Don’t close your eyes again!!!”

But despite the shout, despite the desperate yell, Jisoo still returns to her dream world. A world of screams, blood, and lifeless body.

***

Somi looks at her two companions who sit in the front of the carriage worriedly. Even since they took off from the village they have traveled non-stop, only stopping when it’s really necessary. It’s tiring, really, but if she’s tired then she’s sure the two older girls must be more tired. And Somi not only talks about physical exhaustion. The concern for their love one must be takes its toll on them. The fact they don’t know how much time they have left also doesn’t help the situation.

“Unnie, I think we need to call it a day. The sky begins to get dark.”

Lisa and Soojoo turn their head to look at her and Somi can feel the protest in tip of their tongues, but before they able to say anything she says again, “It’s dangerous to keep travelling.”