Chapter 6.

New York City, New York.
Cairo

" So what Cairo? You can't spare some your time to check in on your family? Really?"

" You're not that busy if you have the time to post on Twitter!"

" Ivory, listen...I can tell that you're hot right now, and I ain't tryna fight with you right now."

"....so I'm gonna talk to you later, so you can cool off."

" Cairo, I am not finis—"

It hurt to hang up the phone in her face like that, but it was what needed to be done. Sighing, I got up from my hotel bed and walked around, thinking about the choices that I have made and debating if they were the right ones.

Aside from these spring break performances I'm doing from state to state, I've really just been trying to figure out this whole thing with Lance trying to set me up. I've speaking about it with Adrianna over and over, and she's been really open and honest about it, giving out valuable information that can help me out to resolve all of this.

Initially, I was just going to work this shit out myself and handle it my way, but I had to think about Ivory and Amira— the shit that I was planning on doing could've gotten traced all the way back to me, and I couldn't risk that. So I had something else in mind, something that would've been a lot more discreet.

I got call from AD, and picked it up instantly. She asked me to meet her at a club and I was cool on that. I planned on going out and networking anyway, cause that's what brings in more money.

7:45 pm, Downtown NYC.

The club was live, as I expected to be. I had my own section, sitting up high and watching the views from down below. I had to keep myself protected out here, so I kept my security close—even, with the security already around. There wasn't any telling what could happen out here in New York.

" Yo C! What up?" I heard a familiar voice say. Looking over was Frank. He had a on silk black shirt with black tailored slacks, and a chains hanging from his neck. He was looking like a high end drug lord.

" Aye, what's good with you man?" I say back, dapping him up. It's been awhile since I last saw him.

" Same shit, you know what I'm saying? But we leveling up though, big time."

" Oh yeah?"

" Fasho.....you see, I got clubs opening up in multiple locations now. This shit bout to be nation wide!" he tells me. Honestly, I forgot that this joint was Frank's — but I was proud of him. He was making money the legit way now ( hopefully he was ).

" Aye man, I'm happy for you. For real. You know I'm down with supporting anything you got, so if you need me— you got my number."

" No doubt son..." he responds.

As we spoke some more, he had told me about how much things have changed around here— how people that he's known for longest are starting to switch up. He's suspecting that there's something fishy going on, and I couldn't blame him for thinking that way. I mean, with this whole Lance BS going on, who would've thought that this nigga would be all obsessed the way he was? I sure wouldn't have.

" Cairo..."

Both Frank and I looked over, seeing AD standing near. I got up and gave her hug, glad that she was here. It looked like she just got off the dance floor though, as she seemed way out of breath.

" Who dis C?" Frank asked. " Is this some type of super fan or something?"

" Nah..." I say as I shake my head chuckling. " She's one of my friends...a good friend of mine."

" Oh ight...well I'll let you two chop it up." Frank says and I nod. Once he was gone, AD made herself comfortable and sat down next to me.

" So what's up with this whole deal? Is the guy coming out here or what?"

" I told that I was here at the club to see you....now, I don't know if he's coming down here tonight or whatever, but—"

" But what? Come on AD, what do you think this is? This is all business, remember?"

" Yeah, I know that. It's just..."

" It's just what?"

Just as she fixed her mouth to say something, gun shots came raining through the air. It seemed to happening for a lifetime, and it all seemed to be coming over to where my location.

The constant ringing in my ear wouldn't stop. The only reason I knew that the shooting had stopped was because security had came over to me. I turned around, examining myself to make sure I hadn't been hit. There was blood all over my shirt, and I couldn't figure out where it could've been from. I mean, I didn't feel anything on me.

But I looked to the side, seeing her lifeless body laying next to me. There were bullet holes in her chest and legs, blood seeping through everywhere. 

AD. She was dead.

——

thoughts?