Chapter 17.

the day after, 1:25 p.m. | Chicago, Illinois.
Cairo

"Aye, run that verse back so I can lay your vocals out better, ight? Then you can add whatever you on that

"Aye, run that verse back so I can lay your vocals out better, ight? Then you can add whatever you on that."

I nodded listening to Dre, and played the verse back. As all that happened, I listened to the music intensely— however my mind was on something completely different. It was on Ivory, and all that she had told me earlier this morning.

I know she told me not to be too mad at what she'd said, but I couldn't help myself. I mean, just the thought of her hanging with another man without me being knowing or aware bothered me.

And to know that he tried to force himself on her? Of course I had to feel some type of way.

Not only was I pissed about the whole situation, but I was pissed at myself. I should've been there as her husband to protect her. I felt like I didn't do my job. Even with Ivory's reassurance, telling me that it wasn't my fault— I still felt like it was.

Thinking of her, my phone rang and her contact popped up. I wanted to answer, but I was practically at work, handling business...so I sent her text, saying wasn't a good time. She instantly hit me back, telling me that it was urgent. I didn't know whether to believe her, as Ivory liked to make things bigger than what they really were.

I was about to end up telling her that I'd call her in a moment, but she sent another message. It made my eyes widened too.

 It made my eyes widened too

___

3:30 p.m. | Embassy Suites
Cairo

I slid the hotel card through, opening the door to Ivory's suite. She was standing in the mini kitchen, bent down as she was getting something from the fridge. My presence made her stand up instantly, putting a pause to whatever she was doing.

" You told me you'd be here by 2."

" Well, I'm here now." I say, taking off my hat and jacket. I sat down on the nearby couch, looking at her as she went back to whatever she was doing.