Chapter 13.

April 27th, 2018.
Ivory

" Alright

" Alright...okay. No, thank you!" I say through the phone, speaking to a customer. I would've had Tyler or someone else handle it, but that specific customer wanted to speak to me— and I handled it pretty well.

After being on the phone for 15 minutes, I got back to doing what I needed to do for my business. Today was a busy day, but it wasn't anything new to me. Despite the hectic things that have been taking place, good things were happening in terms of this business. I had about 5 billboards set to be in place all around Orange County, I had another location set to be in Northern California, and above it all— I was set for a magazine interview in Chicago on May 6th.

Things had seemed to be working in my favor career wise. And I could say the same thing for my life outside of that. I mean, it's been four days since Cairo has last spoken to me, and it was honestly a bonus for me, especially since he's been acting weird lately. Things have been a lot more stress free for me because of the simple fact that we've haven't spoke at all.

But that didn't mean I didn't think about him. Because I did. But on top of that going on and the urges that I have when it comes to him, I'd say I've been doing a really good job.

" Hey boss!" Tyler says, knocking and coming into my office. He had a grin on his face, looking at me up and down.

"What's up?"

" You have a visitor."

" Who?"

" My favorite...you know, Mr. Full Package." he responds, making me shake my head at his crazy statement.

I knew who he was talking about instantly, and the thought of him being here kind of shook me up. I mean, it's been well over a week since we last saw each other— and the last time we saw each other, from what I can remember, I was inside of his condo, laying in the same bed as him, with not a clue in mind of what could've happened between us.

" You can come on in Damon..." Tyler says, his head going back out of the office.

There he was. He looked nice, like usual. But he didn't have on his uniform today, which was a bit weird, as he'd only come into the office while he was out on the job. As his tall figure became more visible, Tyler made his way out of the office— being extra of course, like he always did. Once he was out, it just left Damon and I to be in. And I had no idea what was about to come my way.

" Hey."

" Hey...I-I see you're not in your work attire."

" Yeah, today's my day off."

" And you thought to come and see me?"

" Yeah...but I wanted to talk to you about something."

" Like what?"