Chapter 16.

May 5th, 2016. | Downtown Chicago.
Ivory

Getting out of the airport was something else

Getting out of the airport was something else...I'm so used to just going to private hangers and getting rides instantly. But I was finally in Chicago, and it hadn't disappointed me yet. It was such a sight to see. And it was also a relief to be here. Being away from California is what I needed. I know I'm supposed to be here only for today and tomorrow, but I may just end up spending a week here— the only people aware that I was gone outside of work was my sister and Cairo. And I'm sure they wouldn't mind me getting away. I needed to getaway, really.

I was staying at Embassy Suites, an all in exclusive hotel. It was only a few minutes away from where the interview was supposed to take place. Getting there, felt relieving. I was on the 12th floor, so I had a nice view of Chicago. The room was spacious due to it being a suite, and the bonus of it all was being alone. I had quietness, which was some form of peace. And that was enough for me.

I silenced my phone, and took a long nap. It was at least 4 hours. When I woke up, it was six o'clock in the evening. With the time I had, I went and ran myself a bubble bath, so I could relax even more. Luckily, the bathroom had a huge window, so I could see the city from the tub. I got in and
got relaxed, too relaxed actually.

But my relaxation was interrupted— and irritated me. I didn't move for a second to see if the knocking would go away, but it hadn't. I figured it was room service. I got out of the tub and put on my silk robe to see who it was. I was trying to look through the peep hole at first, but I couldn't see through it. I was too short, apparently. So I opened the door. And when I did, he stood tall at the door.

Cairo.

I could smell the Creed Aventus cologne on him, even as he stood a few feet from me. I examined him from head to toes
He had on hat, his nose ring in, bottom teeth grills, a jean jacket over his graphic tee, grey sweats, and a pair of white air forces. He looked comfortable, honestly. But aside from that, I was super surprised to see him....but I was also very confused as well. Where was Amira? And didn't he have studio sessions and live performances to do?

" Can I come in?" he asked, spooking me out of my inner thoughts. I nodded, letting him in.

" Trina's down in LA with Frank, so Amira's spending the weekend with them."

" Why are you here?"

" Dre and Vidal were suppose to come back to East LA for a couple of sessions, but their flights were canceled and they couldn't book another one until Sunday...So I told them that I would come up here and work."

"....but not only that. I wanted to see you too." he confessed to me. He sat down on the sofa chair, and I followed behind him, sitting on the bed so that we'd face each other.