Episode 6: Yumiko's Idol Tradition!

Author's Note

This chapter also took a bit of time, but at least I'm done. Not too bad I guess. I'll see if I can write enough for more release this week. Hopefully, it'll be possible.

---------------------------------|==================|---------------------------------

During Yurina's class, Kato is making an announcement.

Kato "Alright, class is almost over. However, I have an announcement to make, my lovely idols!"

Kato waits until he receives everyone's attention and continues "Alright, seems like everyone is interested. The big announcement is... this!"

Kato brings up a giant holographic pamphlet in front of everyone. It shows a girl with a pet next to her while holding a pet canned food.

Kato then explains "It is almost time for the audition on the next image girl for the famous Star Fusion Pet Food company. Last year, the target pet is the more traditional pet, cats. However, this year, they want to change it up. This year, their targeted pet is a Kyubit."

Kato then shows a picture of a small green ferret-like creature with red eyes, no foreleg, and only hinge leg.

Kato then continues "I'm sure not everyone likes pets, but this is a great chance to promote yourself! After all, this is the first time a company has decided to use a Kyubit as its pet target. Now, some of you may think that you won't have a chance. However, this is not the case. Because of this new focus, they want a fresh new face. In other words, anyone in the D+ and below is qualified to try it!"

Yurina begins to feel excited and mutters while smiling "Awesome! This is my chance!"

Kato then explains "There is, however, one small requirement. You need to bring a Kyubit. As some of you may know, Kyubit doesn't open up to just anyone. You need time to get close with one. Because of this, everyone participating in the audition on the week after next is allowed to keep a Kyubit on the academy ground!"

Yurina smiles and mutters again "Great! This means maybe I can borrow Ai-chan!"

---------------------------------|==================|---------------------------------

After class, Yurina quickly finds Yumiko and hugs her.

Yurina "Yumiko!"

Yumiko is surprised at first but then sighs "Alright, what do you want this time?"

Yurina let go of Yumiko and questions with a few blinks "Eh? How come you always know when I have a request?"

Yumiko chuckles a bit before answers "Who knows? Maybe you can reflect on what you do every time?"

Yurina "What I do every time? Hmm... Well, I'll think about that later. Anyways, can I borrow Ai-chan?"

Yumiko "Ai? But you know this academy doesn't allow pets right?"

Yurina then starts explaining "Actually, there is an audition coming up. There is a company that wants to use a Kyubit and idol for their new product. Since it's new, the audition is reserved for D+ and lower idols. But to do that, idols need to get close with a Kyubit so the academy is temporarily lifting the ban."

Yumiko "Ah, I understand. Then let's ask for a leave and pick up Ai."

Yurina jumps with joy "Yes!"

---------------------------------|==================|---------------------------------

In front of Yumiko's house, Yurina, Yumiko, and Suzu are right outside. The three of them look at a grand wooden double door gate. The house is large enough to be a small school.