14- car rides and new people

"so what are we doing next?" i ask him as i get into the white rental car.
"another surprise" he smiles back to me.
"cmon surly tell me" i laugh.
"hmmm i think, i wont" he replies while he starts the car.
i take the aux cord and plug it into my phone, what should i play.
i decided on (your favourite playlist) this was perfect for the night.

"do you mind if i put the window down?" i ask him.
"i don't mind" he says turning to me, then focusing back on driving
i put the window down and feel the air on my face.
"are we there yet" i ask him.
"no" he replies bluntly. "what's the time?"
"it's around 9pm, why?" i answer.
"no reason" he smiles he looks over to his gps
"10 more minutes" he smiles.

where could we even be going? i look out the window to see the beach, we can't be going for the beach can we? it's too cold for the beach anyways. and i didn't even pack anything for the beach. maybe we're going to a bar, but techno doesn't really drink. all these thoughts and ideas overwhelming me, i'm so excited yet nervous.

"uh y/n were here" techno says waving his hand infront of my face.
"oh huh hi" i smile as we both get out of the car.
"where even are we?" i ask.
"it's an icecream parlour" he smiles as he put the keys in his pocket. "i know the couple who owns it" he notes.
"i would've never expected you to know so many people" i say opening the door.
"i was kinda pop-" he gets cut off.

"IS THAT HIM?" i hear a girl who looked about maddies age call out.
"i think it is" another girl calls out.
"hi" he stands there awkwardly
"i knew you were coming tonight but i didn't know with a girl!!" the first girl called out.
"and she's so pretty!!!!" the second girl adds
"please tell me you aren't dating him, please tell me that" the first girl says.
"tia don't say that!!" the second girl tells her off.
"sorry sorry" the girl named tia apologises.
"well you guys haven't changed" techno states.

"so what are you even here for mr english major" tia says.
"mr drop out* english major, actually" he laughs.
"yeah yeah, whatever, yknow i finished my arts degree" the second girl smiles.
"oh sorry i sound so rude, i'm paige and this is my girlfriend tia" paige smiles.
"oh hi i'm y/n it's nice to meet you" i reply.

"anyways enough chit chat, would y'like some ice cream, sorbet, pancakes, whatever you want really" paige asks walking behind the icecream bar.
"uhhh i'll get a (favourite dessert)" i say.
"i'll have that too" techno smiles while taking a seat on one of the stools near the bar.
then i join him.

the icecream bar was small and didn't seem to get a lot of buisness, the girls who ran it seemed nice. they had a variety of ice cream and sorbet flavours. it seemed like a cozy little parlour, the prices were really cheap too. the walls were painted a pretty purple and the stools were pink. whoever designed this must've had so much fun.

"aaaand here's your (favourite dessert) m'lady" tia places our dessert on the bar and we begin to eat.
" so how long have you guys been together for?" paige asks.
"oh there's a-" i say but get cut off.
"we've known eachother since around early 2020" techno smiles.
"oh that's cool, me and tia have been dating for a couple years" tia adds
"we're planning to get married hopefully within a year actually" paige smiles as she scoops herself some icecream.
"oh that's so cool!" i say.
"yeah, we've been planning it for a year so far, and we've been saving all our money" paige smiles.
"i'd love to see you come with techno" tia adds.
"that would be nice" techno says looking up from his phone.

"so whyd you even come down to LA? i thought you were done with us after the april episode" paige says.
"business things" he says bluntly eating some of his dessert.
"oooh okay okay, so what do you do for work y/n?" tia asks.
"oh not much actually, i work in gaming and stuff" i smile. if techno didn't tell her about youtube and streaming i doubt he'd want me to tell her about it.
"oh that's cool" tia says.
"hey techno yknow aprils in town for buisness too" paige says smiling.
"yeah i've seen her" he looks at her, looking unenthused

"i think it's time we leave, i have more planned for us y/n" techno says
"but-" he grabs my hand.
"we're going to be late if we don't leave." he says softly pulling my hand.
"oh byeeee" paige and tia say simultaneously.
"byeee! it was nice meeting you" i say as we shut the door to the icecream parlour.

"techno?" i hesitate "are you alright?" i ask him.
"i'm okay" he says dropping my hand and walking to the drivers side of the car as i hear him speaking under his breath, i don't really understand what he's saying but i could tell he was pissed off.
"one last place i want to take you to" he smiles and he starts the car.

i resume playing my favourite playlist on the aux.
"so that (favourite dessert) was nice" i say attempting to make conversation
"yeah i guess" techno says blankly.
"so where are we going?" i ask
"it's a surprise" he states.
"this son-" i get cut off.
"do you know why i'm angry" techno firmly asks.
"no" i say quietly.
"because paige kept bringing up april, in-front of you, she doesn't know we aren't dating, she thinks we are. yet she still brought up april, me and april barely have had anything to do with each other since i left LA yet everyones still focused on me and her. we weren't together, we aren't together and we will never be together. i wanted to introduce you to my friends but they made it all about me" he sighs.
"sorry" i say.
"why?" he asks.
"is it my fault" i say
"no it's not, if anyone's it's mine, we were just meant to go out for dinner i shouldn't have dragged you to meet my college friends" he says. "so i'm sorry"
"it's fine, i promise" i say smiling at him.

time went so fast in this car, it was like a time machine, but i didn't want it to go quickly, it wasn't like i was back in highschool, i was with him, i wish i could spend more time with him but he lives across the world.

also about dinner, what was all of the april drama about? i wanna know what the "april situation" is i thought she was just technos ex girlfriends older sister, but then again why would he hug her? we're they even hugging? my memory of the pool party was so blurred i barely know anymore.

then i turn to techno, once again waving his hand over my face
"hey y/n were here" he smiles.

the final place of the night.

YOOOO NEW CHAPTER SINCE LIKE JANUARY POG?? hope u guys r all doing well and once again i'm really sorry for not updating :0

with much love <3
exxy 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👩