Chapter 5

"Ryan, Espo, go to Wild's apartment. There might be something useful in there." Beckett ordered. Their shoulders slouched as they made their way back to their desk to grab their stuff.

"Okay, let's look into Wild's past and Nicole's. See if anything connects them." Beckett told Castle.

Beckett sat down at her desk with Castle breathing on her shoulder. "Castle could you maybe not breath on my neck while I'm working? It's annoying."

"Oh, yeah, sorry," he said and moved to sit down in his chair.

"Castle, what if it was a girl who filed the complaint and said their name was Nicole?" Beckett suggested.

"Yeah, that would work. I saw pictures of her and another girl. Sister, maybe? They had the same hair color." Beckett nodded and typed on her computer.

"Okay, here. She has a sister, Kendra Hunters. Look familiar?"

"Yeah, that's her." Castle confirmed.

"Let's go talk to her then."
xxx
"Hi, Kendra Hunters?" The tall blonde on the other side of the door nodded. "I'm Detective Kate Beckett and this is Richard Castle with the NYPD. We have some questions for you."

"Yeah, come in." Kendra stepped aside and let them in. "What's this about?"

"Dominic Wild." Kendra looked away, biting the inside of her cheek.

"What did he do this time?" She asked snotty.

"Nothing. He's dead. He was murdered." Beckett watched her reaction and there was nothing.

"Good, he deserves it."

"How come?" Beckett asked.

"Look, he was a nice kid. Very nice. But when he drank or got angry, he got a little handsy and beat people. Including my sister."

"Did you know he got out of jail a week ago?"

"Yeah, I did. I kept an eye on him. I asked around and people said he got an apartment on the other side of town, so I let it be. I had people keep me informed on where he went."

"Your sister recently bought a 45. Did she tell you that it was stolen yesterday morning?"

"Um, no she didn't actually. I didn't even know she bought a gun."

"Dominic was killed two alleys down the street from your sisters apartment. Do you have any idea why he would come over here?"

"He was killed over here? That son of a bitch was over here?"

"Yes, he was staying at your sisters. She gave him some money too," Beckett paused.

"Did you make that phone call for that report?" Castle finished for her.

Kendra sighed, "Yes, I did. I heard him."

"What do you mean?" Beckett asked, brows knit.

"I was coming over to pick up Nicole and I heard screaming and glass shattering. I knocked down the door and found Dominic standing over Nicole with a broken wine glass in his hand. He set the glass down and came over to me saying that it wasn't what it looked like. I didn't believe him because I saw the look on her face. She was scared. So I called the cops and said it was Nicole. I did what was best for her. She was so sad when they took him away, I felt bad."

"Do you know anyone that might want to kill Dominic?"

"Oh yeah, my whole side of the family."

"One more question, it's only procedure, where were you between 5-6 this morning?"

"Of course, I was at work. My co-workers can verify for me."

"Thank you for your time." Beckett said politely and left.
xxx
"Lunch? I'm starving and it'll take the boys awhile before they come back." Beckett asked as she started up the car.

"Sounds good to me, Remy's?" Castle suggested.

"I could go for a good burger," she smiled and drove off to Remy's.
xxx
The elevator dinged and a woman walked out. The bullpen was empty and she didn't know what to do. She saw someone in one of the offices so she went over to it.

She saw a name tag on her desk that said 'Captain Gates'. She knocked on the door and waited for it to open.

"Hi, can I help you?" Gates greeted politely.

"I'm looking for a Katherine Beckett, do you know where I could find her?" The woman asked.

"She's out working a case but she will be back soon. Can I get your name?"

"Um, Johanna Beckett." The woman said. Gates stared at her before letting her into her office to talk.
{729 words}

A/N: Wow, how weird and interesting. I hope this is good!