Chapter 20

"Hey, Alexis!" Rick greeted from the kitchen.

"Hey, Dad," she came up to him and hugged him. "Where's Kate?"

"Shower, your home earlier then I thought. Everything alright?" he asked concerned. She was an hour early, not that he was complaining or anything.

"Finished everything I needed to do and Kim's boyfriend came over so their tongues were down each other's throat so I decided to leave," Alexis walked into the kitchen, setting her bag on one of the chairs.

"Oh, hate those moments. Good thing you left. One time I walked in on-" he stopped thinking back to middle school when he found his mother in the living room half naked. "You know what, it doesn't matter."

"Ah yeah, where's Grams?" Alexis smiled.

"Upstairs getting ready." she grabbed her bag from the chair.

"Alright, I'm going to say hi and then get ready. Call me down with they get here," she was half way up the stairs when she turned around. "Dad? Is it weird, seeing Johanna alive?"

He shrugged, "Yeah, a little bit. I'm still shocked that she is alive."

"Well, I can't wait to finally meet her," Alexis smiled and headed back up the stairs. Rick checked the lasagna in the oven and walked towards their bedroom.

Once he saw her in their bathroom dressed and fixing her hair, he smiled whispering into her ear, "I thought you were going to wait for me."

She smiled, "Well, you took too long. Sorry, next time though."

"But now I have to take one all alone," he whined.

"You should of thought of that before you took so long and I'm not gonna start anything."

"Katherine Beckett, what makes you think we would start anything?"

"Because, I know. Once we are naked in the shower together, we can never keep our hands off of each other," she told him turning around to face him, putting her hands on his chest.

"Oh, you're right. But it's your fault," she rolled her eyes as he smirked at her.

"Sorry writer boy but I'm pretty sure it's your fault, you're usually the one to touch me first."

"Woah, okay, okay, fine it's partially my fault," she gave him her look, "it's your fault too for not saying no, sooo."

"Would you have stopped if I did?" she asked.

"Nope," he grinned down at her. She rolled her eyes again and pulled him down to kiss him.

"Now, go take your shower. I'll go make sure everything is ready," she stepped away from him.

"Okay, and Alexis is here. She's upstairs with mother," he informed her.

"Oh, okay," she shut the door behind her and heard the shower come on before she left the room.
xxx
Jim and Johanna showed up an hour later. Dinner was on the table when they walked in so they ate. They were all laughing and telling stories about each other. Alexis and Martha looked like they were enjoying Johanna's stories about Kate when she was younger, and of course Castle. It was nice for Johanna, she realized how much she's missed during all those years. The Castle family is a wonderful, loving, caring, and hilarious family and she wished that she was here and never left. But she's glad she is here now, with all of them. Her and Jim are finally getting closer to each other just like how they were before and Kate could see that the way that they looked at each other at the dinner table. She could see that they both were talking better and love each other a lot more than before.

After dinner, Martha, Alexis, Jim and Johanna made their way into the living room while Kate and Rick cleaned up the kitchen.

"This is fun, Kate," Rick said putting the casserole dish in the sink full of soapy water.

"Yeah, we should have these more often," she smiled up at him from the sink.

"Yeah, that would be nice," he smiled back and grabbed the dishes off of the table, setting them in the sink for Kate to wash.

Once everything else was cleaned up, Rick went over to Kate and dried the dishes. He watched her as she rubbed the scrubbed over the plates, the way her brow furrowed in concentration. It was just so hot. He loved it when she did the dishes; he doesn't know why but it turns him on... a lot.

He went to go put the plate away, glancing over at his family. Seeing that they were all laughing and not paying attention to them, he came from behind and wrapped his arms around her waist. His mouth breathing on her neck, sending chills down her spine.

"Castle," she breathed out.

"Mmm, you know watching you do dishes is kind of a turn on," he whispered in her ear. Her eyes closed as he sucked her ear into his mouth. Lightly nibbling on it and then sucking on her pulse point.

"Castle, we can't-" she tried but she couldn't. The way his breath felt on her neck and the way he was sucking on it, all made her aroused. And not to mention his hands gradually sliding down her body.

She placed her hands on the counter and leaned back against him. He was totally lost in this fantasy type of thing that he forgot his family was just in the other room and calling his and Kate's name.

All four were looking at him, "Richard, Katherine, darling, how long does it take to do the dishes?" Martha asked. "It should only take ten minutes," she looked at him longer, the way he looked at all of them and the way Kate was leaning over the counter, not saying anything. "Oh, that's right, never let those two do the dishes," she turned to the other three. "They tend to get distracted so it takes a bit longer."

Ricks cheeks got red as he smirked back at Kate. He could hear the four of them laughing. "God, Castle, I hate you." she whispered and turned around to face them.

"Why? What did I do?" he complained all the while smiling at her.

She could feel four pairs of eyes on them, "You know exactly what. And for your punishment, you get to finish the dishes and you need some time to," she trailed off gesturing down with her eyes and smiled.

"Now I hate you," Castle said. She leaned up to kiss him lightly and walked into the living room. All four of them still smiling and smirking.
{1092 words}

A/N: Why was I like this. Oh my.