19

CHAPTER XIX:

❄︎ VICTORY ❄︎

"We did it together. I wasn't alone any longer"
___________

I headed towards the pillar I had seen Stella behind. She had been with Aisha and Bloom. They looked like they had a plan. I trusted Bloom – no matter how reckless she could be. I could partially trust Stella – she was a better person.

I stared at Aisha and crossed my arms. If she hadn't sold us out, we wouldn't have been in this mess. Bloom wouldn't have gone with Rosalind alone, we would have never been locked in the suite, and Sam may not have gotten injured by the Burned One. Maybe, just maybe, I would have been with Riven.

"Is she the bait in this plan or— "

"Very funny," she said back. "Look, I'm sorry. I'm willing to do whatever I can to help."

There were more growls and snarls, and then a loud screech. The noise was closer than before.

"Come on, we don't have much time," said Bloom, walking away.

We passed the infirmary station. We sneaked behind a table that was being used to create more Zanbaq. There was a trapdoor on the ground and we had snuck out, undetected.

We traveled through the school – towards Dowling's office, and down the secret corridor. The trap had already been sprung so there was no need to do it again.

We traveled down the long corridor underground. The lights were out in the tunnels, too, so Stella had to light the way. We passed the door that had held Rosalind. Further down, we came out from a door to the old cemetery.

"Come on," said Bloom. "We have to make sure the Burned Ones are following me."

I had to walk at a fast pace, partly because the Burned Ones were following Bloom, meaning they were following us, meaning that if they did get to us, we'd be killed, and partly to catch up to Bloom who was walking fast.

We crossed the great lawns of the school, away from the building. This was the time to start asking the important questions.

"My mum's going to be here soon," Stella reminded her and added on, "With an actual army."

"They won't be here in time, Stella," Bloom responded. "The Burned Ones are after me. They have always been after me. Rosalind taught me how to stop them, but I have to draw more magic than ever before, and... I don't know what's going to happen when I do."

"It's okay," Aisha assured. "We'll make sure we're safe, and that you are, too. I can surround you with water in case the flames get too big."

"Except I don't see how you'll draw water here," I told Aisha. "And no offense, but weren't you struggling a bit with your magic?"

"You're a Water and an Air Fairy," Aisha told me, rolling her eyes. "Her flames can melt your ice and, boom, we get water."

"Right," I nodded.

Bloom smiled gratefully and said, "Rosalind wants me to believe she's the person I need to get through this. She's not."

Bloom stepped forward and us back. To give us some time, I created a light fog surrounding us.