Chapter 2

Wednesday 6th May 2020

8pm, Chillam Police Station 

AK strode inside the investigation room, slamming the case file down the table watching the man glaring at him.

" I demand to know why I am being held like an accuse !" The thin man stated baring his teeth as he drummed his fingers on the table.

AK crossed his arms over his chest. " On 4th May 2020, around 1 am where were you ?" he asked as he leaned against his chair. 

Anirudh snorted. " Who knows, might have gotten lucky, a hot late-night date probably officer," he said giving a short smile.

AK smirked. " A hot date, " AK chuckled placing his hands on the table leaning slightly towards Anirudh. " Probably even took her to your caravan, hmm let's see maybe she got angry with you...refused you so you grab the kitchen knife in your caravan and then stabbed her ?" AK completed his sentence smirking as his hazel orbs watching the rockstar's Adam's apple bob.

Anirudh growled, he took his shades off and slammed them on the table. AK raised his eyebrows staring at the bloodshot eyes. He snorted and shook his head, opening the charge file and flipping it nonchalantly.  Anirudh exhaled his breath, he rubbed his temple closing his eyes. 

"Ready to spill everything out?" AK asked smiling cockily. 

" It was a large concert officer! Thousands of fans hover around me asking for autographs, photographs! I might have touched her hand or something during a selfie session probably but that doesn't mean anything!"   Anirudh said huffing as he rubbed his neck.

AK smirked and walked over to the water dispenser. He grabbed two cups of water and walked towards the table, sipping his drink as he pushed the cup towards Anirudh. 

" Alright fine I will listen to this half-cooked story, whose your alibi?" AK said raising his eyebrows at him tapping his fingers on the table as Anirudh groaned and pulled his hair frustrated.

The door slammed opened, a short, slender and fair woman clinked her heels as she flounced into the room, slamming her handbag on the table. Ak raised his eyebrows watching the girl's brown orbs squinting at him, her face flushed and mouth pursed together as she glared at him.

"You're wasting your time!" she said, as she leaned against Anirudh's chair blowing her nails.

AK exhaled his breath audibly, raising his eyebrow at Sathya who hurried inside. Sathya sighed and rubbed his forehead shrugging his shoulders.  "I tried to stop her," he said crossing his arms over his chest. 

Anirudh knit his eyebrows together, his eyes narrowed towards the woman in disdain. 

"Who the F**k are you !?" Anirudh snarled and he pressed his finger on his forehead.

"Hmm, so the reason for the decades-old failed relationship is that the rockstar is a first-class a**hole!"  the woman hissed making Anirudh growl and bared his teeth. 

AK inhaled his breath closing his eyes tightly while Sathya smacked his own forehead. The door opened once more and Balu hurried in panting loudly. " Sir singer Shubhangi is outside saying that she was with Anirudh sir until the end of the event," he said exhaling his breath. 

"WHAT !" Anirudh shouted, his eyes narrowing, as if in confusion. He pursed his lips, lowering his eyebrows as he muttered to himself. 

"So you are telling the truth after all," AK said.

"NO !" Anirudh shouted and gasped as the woman turned and revealed her face to him. She glared at him and hissed asking him to shut his mouth. Anirudh blinked his eyes, furrowing the brows as he looked at the woman in astonishment.  "You?" he said softly making AK hawk-like eyes glare daggers at the both of them.  He gave a threatening glare to the woman"Sathya, ivale ilututu va!" ( Sathya, drag her out) AK growled and strode away ignoring the woman's screaming and whining. Sathya huffed and dragged the screaming madwoman out as Anirudh sat there staring at the empty chair in front of him. 'What is Shubhangi doing here?'