Chapter 3

Monday 4th May 2020

6 am Mirguda Fishing Village

Kattamuthu rubbed his eyes, yawning loudly as he walked out of his humble shack. His wife was peering behind him, her eyes narrowed into slits, staring at him with a flushed face.

" Make sure you bring back enough money! Munna's gang has been hounding the children and me every day demanding the money !" his wife stated, making the short, dark and pudgy man sighed audibly.

"If the wind favours us today, then we shall be able to pay them,"

" If the wind favours us? You have been saying that for weeks! ," the woman snarled

"What do you want me to do woman! Half of the villagers already began working with Munna, I can't afford to hire anyone new!" Kattamuthu snarled, growling at her.

His wife glowered and told him to man up before dragging the little ones inside. Kattamuthu rubbed his forehead and grabbed his ancient fishing net passed down in generation from his father to him. He slung the net behind his back as trudged towards his boat located at the far end of the village.

His nose wrinkled as he inhaled a rotten smell, he covered his nose and walked hurriedly towards his boat. Kattamuthu's body froze in mid-movement. His eyebrows folding inward, nose crinkling. He placed his trembling fingertips against his open mouth. He stumbled a step or two behind, tripping and falling down as he tries to create some distance. His stomach hardening, the burn of bile in the back of the throat as he let out a blood-curdling scream before emptying the content in his stomach.

 His stomach hardening, the burn of bile in the back of the throat as he let out a blood-curdling scream before emptying the content in his stomach

Wednesday 6th May 2020

11 PM Dinaya Lane Gated Community 

Anirudh slumped on his couch, nuzzling his glass of scotch and Mrinalini and Ishitha paced in front of him. 

"How could you be so reckless Ani!" Ishita glowered placing her hands on her hips, her lips pursuing thinly.

" I had to Ishi, You were there! You know that Shubs was not with me!" Anirudh grumbled sipping the amber liquid as he stared into the blazing fire.

Ishita snarled, throwing her hands up in the air muttering loudly as she grabbed her coach handbag and stalked out of the house. 

Mrinalini sighed and walked towards Anirudh, she sat down next to him, grabbing his glass from the affronted man and drowning the remaining contents of the cup. She gave him a sultry smile and trailed her fingers on his arms.  Anirudh rolled his eyes and adjusted himself slightly away from her. Mrinalini raised her eyebrows, her mouth fell open and she gave him a flat gaze. Anirudh cleared his throat and stood up.

"It's late, you better go," he said as he walked to his liquor cabinet.

Mrinalini clutched the glass tightly, a knot formed in her stomach as she blinked rapidly staring at the man who was pouring another glass of drink. She sighed dejectedly as she stood up shuffling her footsteps. She composed her face into blank features as she stared at him; her chin trembled and eyes became dull.