Chapter 7

Monday 11th May 2020
11 am Chillam Police Station

" OK miss, you're free to go, if we have any information about you're friend, we will inform you," Das informed Saraswathy as he filed the copy of the missing complaint.

" Sir also my handphone and-" Saraswathy began causing Das to nod his head and scribbled something on the paper.

She wringed her hands as she stood up and clutched her bag before walking away.

" Kumar, anthe concert organise panathu yaaru ? Anthe details lam parunge and anthe event manager kitte Cross question pananum," Das told the man who nod and walked away.

Das exhaled his breath and walked into the introgation room where AK was snarling at Anirudh who growled back at him.

" I saved your officer dammit! If I didn't go in time both your sister and he would have been dead!" Anirudh growled.

" Why did you go there ? You were up with Shubhangi and when the gun shot was hurt, why didn't you follow Shubhangi like the rest ? You were missing during the commotion and conveniently Sailaja and Satya were with you?" AK asked arching his eyebrows causing Anirudh to growl.

" That's it! Ani had come here to give his statement like a good samaritan! I won't allow you to try to implicate that his involved in everything ! Why don't you question that woman as well ? She is involved in everything too!" Mrinalini hissed as she crossed her arms over her chest, eyes narrowing at AK who turned red with anger as he clenched his fist.

" Sailaja was found with Manjira and Satya...the two person whom she went out to the concert with...Why was your client there ? The distance from the stage and where Satya was found is quite far and yet Anirudh arrived there conveniently? There were no traces of him when AK reached the spot," Das said as he stormed into the room and slammed the table with the file.

" I was not in the stage when the gun shot was heard, Shubs and another singer. I saw your sister answering a call just 5 to 10 minutes before the gunshot. She hurriedly pushed her way through the crowd and met with Sara, I saw her nodding to Sara and left the child with her before hurrying away. I was walking down the stage when I heard the gunshot, the crowd started going frenzy and I hurried towards Sara because I invited her...the child insisted to find her mother and uncle and ran away causing Sara and I to search for her. That's when I found the three of them," Anirudh said causing AK's while body trembled in anger. Das pinched the bridge of his nose and cleared his throat.

" Maybe Satya called...AK...be calm-" Das began when AK snarled and shook his head, punching the wall.

" She will never repent her sins Das! She should have been dead and saved the trouble for everyone! " AK growled causing Anirudh to furrow his eyebrows while Mrinalini looked keenly at AK. Das exhaled his breath and shook his head as AK continued to punch the the wall.

" She is your sister too! I told you she told me about the gang! " Das said exasperatedly before shaking his head.

" Mr Anirudh, you're free to leave but we hope for a total cooperation from you and your team. This is the second murder associated with your concert sir," Das told Anirudh who sighed and nod before walking away.

Das watched as the figures disappeared before turning towards AK.

" The devil might be disguised as an angel sometimes,".Das said causing AK to frown.

Das raised his eyebrows and looked expectantly at AK who gave him a dark look.

" What are you implying Das ?!" AK growled causing Das to exhale his breath.