Chapter 5

Sunday 10th May 2020

630pm Iwara Beach

Manjira skipped happily, walking in between Sathya and Sailaja, holding both their hands. Sathya smile and pat her head, watching her eyes glued towards the cotton candy stand.

"What colour do you want ?" Sathya asked, giving the girl a sweet smile.

Manjira blushed and shook her head, making both Sailaja and Sathya chuckle. Sailaja pinched Manjira's cheek and gave a sweet smile to Sathya, making him blink at her in confusion. 'She's gorgeous when she smiles,' he thought to himself.

"She likes purple, and I want the blue one," Sailaja said, grinning excitedly as the two watched the cotton candy seller swirling the candies into the stick making the cop jerk out of his trance.

Sathya snorted, nodding his head before walking towards the candy seller. His eyes narrowed as he gazed at the surrounding.

Sathya's eyes met Sailaja as she furrowed her eyebrows, holding Manjira's hands tightly. She jerked her chin towards the left, making Sathya squint his eyebrows, turning in the direction. His eyes widen, he quickly paid for candies and hurried towards the duo.

Manjira grinned and took her candy while Sailaja bites her lips, looking worriedly. Sathya nudged his chin and passed her the cotton candy.

"Go to your seats. I will come there soon," Sathya said and walked away.

"Sathya!" Sailaja hollered, making the man stop halfway and turned his face, lowering his shades slightly.

"Naa Das ke call pannuva ?" ( Do you want me to call Das ) She asked, making the man sigh and nod his head before walking away.

"Ma is anything wrong ?" Manjira asked, blinking up at Sailaja.

The young woman shook her head and quickly assured Manjira to the seats at the corner. She swallowed saliva and texted Das about her location.

"Ma, it's Anirudh, sir!" Manjira squealed, waving her hands at the man clad in a hoodie and cap striding into the stage holding his mike.

Sailaja sighed, rolling her eyes, snorting as she saw his bling white coloured jacket with gold stars. However, the rest of the population seemed to share Manjira's enthusiasm. Sailaja groaned as the girls started hollering his name as he began singing.

"Manjira! Stay here or not; AK will kill me!" Sailaja shouted as the girl tried to move a little to the front to glimpse the man.

Manjira grinned and hold Sailaja's hands as she bounced, trying to glimpse him.

Sunday 10th May 2020

7 pm Chillam Police Station

Das frowned, reading the text message from Sailaja. He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck before walking towards AK's room.