Silence Echoes Louder

Recap: You went to a lake where you used to go with your Mother. It was same as it used to be before. You came back home and tried to hide everything from your Dad but he felt that something is wrong. Finally you burst out in front of him and started crying. You told him everything. He consoled you and made you smile. 

Though your Dad made you smile with his lame jokes but deep down, he knew that this pain isn't going away this easily. Days passed, you weren't going to college.

You were lying in your bed, holding your phone and stalking his Instagram, that you just unfollowed. A new post popped up from him. You viewed it. 

[Your POV: He made his relationship public

[Your POV: He made his relationship public.. Wow. I haven't been to college for 10 days and he don't even gives a fuck about it. He didn't even tried to contact me. Am I this worthless? He said that I'm his best friend because I'm the one who understand his feelings and I mean a lot to him but this is how people treat someone who mean a lot to them? That's fine. If he doesn't want to keep contact then it's alright. I won't force him to keep a contact with me either.] 

The next day you finally decided to go to the college again. You woke up and prepared yourself for college. 

[Your Outfit] 

[Your Outfit] 

You were all set to leave but before leaving your room, you stared at yourself in the mirror one last time. Your face still looked so dull and awful. You had dark circles and puffy eyes because of crying so much all these days. With a disappointment on your face, you picked up your bag and left your room. 

Dad: Good Morning Princess. [Smiles] 

Joey: Morning.. Dad. [Sighs] 

Dad: I guess you feel good enough to go to the college. 

Joey: Yup.. I don't wanna miss my classes anymore or I will be left behind. The exams are near too. I really need to focus on my studies. 

Dad: That's really good. But just take care of yourself now. Don't put too much stress on you mind because you've just faced mental trauma. Just take it slow. 

Joey: Yeah.. I will. 

Dad: See you in the evening. Bye. [Kisses] 

Joey: Bye Dad. 

You sat inside your car and drove to the college. You parked your car in the parking lot and removed your seatbelt. But you didn't had the courage to step out of your car. Ajey was running in your mind all the time. You weren't feeling strong enough to face him and Sia. You were still not able to accept the reality. 

[Your POV: He wasn't mine. He was never mine. He can never be mine.] 

With a sense of guilt and sadness, you stepped out of the car. You started approaching the campus, being lost in your own world. Anxiety was killing you every second and the thought that Ajey can never be yours, was tearing you apart. 

Samira: Hey Joe.. [Shouts] 

You walked past Samira, still being lost in your own world. You didn't even notice her when she said Hey. It felt like nothing excites you or invites you anymore. 

Your silence put Samira into a deep thought. Suddenly, in the hallway, you saw Ajey with his friends, talking and laughing. You looked at him with sadness in your eyes, sighed and turned towards your classroom. Ajey saw you but he didn't try to talk to you. 

Your classes got started. All the time you were staring out of the window. You weren't even focusing on the lecture. It seemed like you were still locked inside your own world. 

Suddenly, the professor hit you with chalk. You blinked multiple times and looked at the professor and stood up. 

Professor: Miss Joey.. [Shouts] 

Joey: Yes.. Sir? [Hesitantly] 

Professor: Will you please tell me why are you staring out of the window? [Shouts] 

You remained quiet and bent your head down. 

Professor: Miss Joey.. If you find my class boring then you may take your bag and step out of the class. [Shouts] 

You didn't say a single word. You quietly took your bag and stepped out of the class. Everyone was shocked by your behaviour. So was with Ajey. He couldn't believe that it was really you. He found a whole different personality in you. 

Finally the classes got over and Ajey decided to speak to you. He started searching for you but couldn't find you anywhere. He tried calling you but your phone was switched off. At last, searching for half an hour, he finally found you sitting alone on stairs on the back side of the auditorium. 

Ajey: Joey

Ajey: Joey.. [Shouts] 

You turned around and looked at him. He came downstairs and sat beside you.