The Fault In My Stars

Recap: You apologized for what you did with Ajey in front of everyone as an apology speech. You didn't take his name anywhere but deep down, he felt that it's for him. 

The farewell function ended in the evening. All were sentimental. They were clicking pictures and making a lot of memories. Everyone were promising each other that they'll stay in contact always. In all these crowds and happening, there was a girl sitting on a bench in the college garden, alone and away from everyone. Ajey saw her sitting alone, he approached her and sat beside her. 

There was an unknown and crestfallen silence between both of them

There was an unknown and crestfallen silence between both of them. None of them were uttering a word. After a few minutes, Ajey decided to break the silence. He gathered all the courage and finally, formed some words. 

Ajey: Joey..

Joey: Yes? 

Ajey: What are you doing here alone? 

Joey: Waiting for Dad.

Ajey: Ohh.. Okay. 

There were a lot of things going inside Ajey's head but he wasn't able to form words. He was guilty and sad for whatever happened. You were sitting with a straight face. Somehow he managed to talk to you again. 

Ajey: Joe.. I.. I'm sorry.. [Guilty]

Joey: Don't be Ajey.. Don't be. It wasn't your fault at all. You did nothing. I was a fool to break what we had. I couldn't live like this.. So I had to apologize. I know sorry is a very little word for what I did but that's all I can do right now. Now nothing's left and I'm ready to accept it. I'm no longer afraid of the reality. 

Ajey: What about the one sided love thing that you mentioned in the speech? 

Joey: The speech was for you Ajey. [Looks Away]

Ajey: Yeah.. I got it. When you mentioned the word bestfriend, I knew it was for me. But one sided love? Seriously Joe? 

Joey: I don't lie Ajey. At least, not to you.

Ajey: Then why didn't you tell me before that you love me? [Curious] 

Joey: I tried Ajey.. I tried. But things messed up. I was messed up. My mind was messed up. My heart was broken.

Ajey: Messed up for what? Broken for what? Did I do something wrong? 

Joey: You didn't do anything wrong.. It's just.. [Sighs] 

Ajey: Joe.. I'm so confused now. Please explain it all in such a way that I can understand it easily. 

Joey: This thing has no explanation Ajey. I don't know where to start. 

Ajey: Okay.. Relax.. Take a deep breath and tell me everything from the start. 

Joey: Okay.. Listen.. It all started when we came back from that camping trip. After that we both started spending so much time with each other right?