Ten

After I walked Percy home I didn't want to leave her. She was in a shady part of town and something was obviously bothering her. It was weird that she was treating me like Jason and not Red Hood. Most people don't treat me the same unless they know who I truly am or they don't know what I've done.

Which it might be the later because Percy isn't the one to look stuff up. If she knows something she knows it and if she doesn't, she doesn't. She doesn't look for anything if it's not her business.

After I my patrol hours were over I went back to the cave to change into my civies. I wouldn't have met Percy had I not gone in to steal food one night. But Bats and Golden boy wanted me to help on patrol since there had been more and more Joker sightings. I never liked Joker but after he killed me, every time I hear his name it sends a shiver down my back.

I sat at the computer in the swivel chair waiting for Dildo and Bruce to get back. Trying not to give in to the temptation, but when I have been one to follow the rules. Sighing, I turn in the chair to face the computer. Typing in Percy Jackson's name a saw a million things come up. " What the hell have you done."

After finding millions of offenses and charges they all seems to magically get directed to someone else or dropped. Mostly non of the serous ones were her fault. She was kidnapped and had to fight her captor and she and her friends had to outrun more captors. Maybe she had a nightmare about that point in her life.

I have nightmares of that night all the time.

Bats came in shortly after I finished when Manhattan fells asleep. " Jason, I didn't expect to find you here."

" Where else would I be?" I rolled my eyes, " You asked for my help."

" Did you find anything?" Golden boys asks, taking off his mask.

" No." I debated on telling them that I saw Percy but what wood that do. They would just ask questions that I don't know the answer to.

Dick looked over my shoulder to see what I was looking up, " Did you see someone?"

" What if I did?" I asked, annoyed at Dick.

" Did someone wake up on the wrong side of the bed?" Dick teased.

" Shut up, Dildo. You wanted my help but if you don't need it I can leave." I stood up and started walking to the stairs.

" There is an exit down stairs." Bruce reminded me.

I rolled my eyes and flipped him off, " You needed my help, without payment. I get your food."

After getting a bunch of leftovers from the fridge I take it to the table. I don't bother warning it up since I was too hungry. Scarfing it down I hear Dick walk in. He sits on a chair across from me, " Want to tell me why you were looking up Percy?"

" You just let her come in with that track record? Watch the demon?" I ask. I have no idea why I'm acting this way. She didn't do anything wrong, she was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.

" We let you in." Dick defended. Why was he being so standoffish with Percy. He barley knows her.

" That's different." I growled.

" Oh? How so?" Dick wondered.

" Because I was being adopted."

" Yeah. We were permanently taking you into our home. Regardless of your past." Dick crossed his arms and glared at me.

" I wasn't watching Replacement and Demon." I defended.

" Since when have you cared about them?" Dick scoffed.

I ignored him and finished my plate of cold Chicken Alfredo. Dick looked at me and waited for an answer. When he got enough silence Dick stood up and push his chair in angrily. " What's your problem with Percy anyway? You've barley know her for a day."

" You've know her for-what, a week? And you've already got a crush on her?" I stood up to take my plates away.

Dick's face turned red, quickly looking away he stuttered out, " No-no, I don't."

" Hate to break it to you, but she will never like you back. She's not into Golden boys." I snarled.

Dick's face was still red, not with embarrassment, but with anger. I could tell he wanted to push me or punch me but he stood still, " You don't know her! Stop trying to pin her as a bad person!"

" I'm only 'pinning' her as the person she is." I push him back. Looking on from a third person's view, I hated what I was doing. Dick was right, I knew nothing about her. She was nothing but nice to me on the roof top. She treated me like I was an actual person, not a hero or villain, but a normal person. The nicest someone has ever treated me.

" Oh, I get it. The little talk on the roof made you like her." Dick stared at me, trying to read me, " But guess what, Jay, you can't push away everyone that shows you even the slightest bit of affection. Not everyone is gonna walk out on you. And just because Joker is here, doesn't mean you can take out your problems on everyone else."

I growled, then threw a punch to his face. He stumbled back and clutched his nose. I knew I pissed him off so I deserved what was coming. Dick stood up straight and glared at me, shook his head and left to take care of his nose. " You know I'm right."

Shaking with anger I go and collect my plates to put them away. Trying not to leave a huge mess for Alfred before I leave. I tried to take my time so I could calm down but the thought of Dick's words made me break a plate while hand washing. I growled and threw the rag in the sink. Storming into the dinning room, I got my jacket and went to the door. On the way out I passed the leaving room who had Dick, Damian and Percy. When Percy saw me, she smiled and waved, " Hey, Jason."

I ignored her and walked off to the door. Before I left I could hear her hum, " I wonder what's wrong with him."

1076 words

5/25/21

Hey, so Dick was a little bit out of character just so I can get a chapter done. But Jason was a dick (hehe) because of reasons that might be disclosed later. Do y'all know what it is?

Also, tomorrow is my last day as a freshman. I'm taking one final tomorrow and then I'm done!

Pieces Angels and Stay Safe