Disappointment

"You fucking scoundrel!" Yeji went up to slap me AGAIN.

I had enough.

I grabbed her wrists and pinned her against the nearest wall.

"You dare lie to me?!"

"Oh shut the fuck up!"

"Get your filthy hands off of me!"

I laughed.

"How does it feel losing? You really thought I would give in to your bribery?"

"I hope your mother dies before your eyes!"

I glared at her. I wanted to hit her so badly.

"Get a fucking grip and accept the fact that you're no longer the best player at this school."

I shoved myself off of her and left.

I could feel her gaze sending daggers behind me.

————————————————————————
"Oh my god. RYUJIN!!!" Chaeryeong ran up to me as I was unlocking my locker.

"What?"

"You're now rank number 1 in the whole school!!! That means...THAT MEANS YOU BEAT YEJI!!!!"

I turned to face her. "Hehe. Finally. My rightful position."

"You know, I heard some of the admissions officers of New England Conservatory are coming to our concert. This is your chance to shine!!"

"Really?! New England is one of my top choice schools. Oh shit. What if I mess up my concerto????"

"Don't worry!! They'll see you're the soloist and will want to automatically take you!"

"Ahhh. This is so exciting and nerve racking at the same time."
———————————————————————
(⚠️TW: violence and abuse)
Yeji POV
"What a sorry excuse for a daughter! Pathetic! You let a poor, dirty street rat beat you?! She has nothing and you have everything!! I specifically talked one of my New England Conservatory friends into coming to your concert, and you don't even get the solo?!?!"

I couldn't look into my father's eyes. Well, it's not like he's even my real father. He died a long time ago.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you!"

I kept my gaze on the ground.

"Why, you disrespectful little brat!"

My tears began rolling down my face as he walked away.

I heard him open his closet and knew what was coming.

"Wait! Dad please! I'm sorry! I'll do better in the future! I swear!"

I got on my knees and begged for mercy.

It was no use.

*whip*

His belt slashed me violently.

I shrieked in pain while horrid oaths spewed from his mouth.

"You need to learn some discipline! I can't believe I raised such a talentless daughter! Losing to a mere piece of dirt while you were born fed with a golden spoon! You are a complete embarrassment to this family!"

He kept slashing me as I cried in agony. I could feel the warm blood dripping over my skin.

"Please! I won't disappoint you again! I won't lose to her! I promise!" I tried begging more.