Distressed

Yeji POV
I've never felt so uncomfortable in my life. My best friend was acting like a psychopath and confessing her love to me. What the hell am I supposed to do?!!

"Lia, I'm sorry. I don't feel the same way."

"Why?! Why am I not good enough for you?!"

"You've always been good enough for me! Just not in that way..."

"Haha! HAHA! Shin Ryujin. Out of all people, you chose a dirtbag like her!"

"She's not a dirtbag! I told you to stop insulting her! Lia, come back to your senses!"

I watched as she sobbed with her face in her hands. I've never seen her like this.

"Lia, calm down." I moved closer to hug her.

When I had my arms around her, she lifted her head up to face me.

She moved her hand to my cheek and leaned closer to try and kiss me, to which I immediately shoved myself away from her.

"I- I need to go." I stammered before rushing out of her house.

As I entered my car, I heard a psychotic scream coming from the mansion.

I mentally cursed knowing Lia was going crazy.

Suddenly, a notification from my phone went off.

A text message from my father:
"My dear, if you don't return home by tonight, I will call the cops to search for you. Whoever is hiding you will also reap the consequences for kidnapping my daughter."

My anxiety shot even higher after reading the message. It felt like my life was falling apart.

———————————————————————

Ryujin POV
I heard a knock on my apartment door, indicating that Yeji was back.

Upon seeing me, she immediately hugged me.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I asked her as her face snuggled in my neck.

"Hwmodjiwbrnpq," muffled words came out.

"Huh?"

She lifted her head up.

"Let's go to your room."

I sat on my bed but was taken by surprise when she got on top of me and pushed me down, making me lie onto my back.

Before I could even let any words out, she had pressed her lips against mine and placed her hand on my neck.

I groaned when she bit my bottom lip, and felt her place her other hand beneath my shirt. Oh god, I could feel a tingling sensation between my legs.

Wait. No. What am I thinking?

I gently pushed her off of me. "Uh...let's take this slow."

"...sorry." She apologized and got off of me.

"It's okay...is there something in your mind?" I asked her.

"...yeah."

"Want to talk about it?"

She heaved a sigh. "...not really, but I know I can't avoid my problems."

"What's wrong?"

She explained the situation that went down between her and Lia, as well as the text she received from her father.

"Babe...don't cry." I could tell she was in a distressed state.

"I- I won't."

"Hey, I won't let your dad hurt you. I have a plan."

"You do?" She looked in my eyes, displaying a glimpse of hope.

"Like I said, I'm here for you." I flashed her my whisker-dimpled smile.

————————————————————————

Yeji POV

"D-dad...I'm home." Only he was home. Mom was still at work.

"Yeji." He said in his stern voice. "You made the right decision in coming home. Come here, my daughter. I have a new violin and bow for you."

His calm demeanor terrified me. I walked closer towards him, seeing the expensive instrument lying on the table beside him.

"T-thank you." I stuttered. My heart was racing; I felt like I was going to have an anxiety attack.

He got up from his seat. "You're welcome, my dear." His tone was too nice, but his face told a completely different story.

I could see the malevolence in his eyes. His brewing anger.

He walked to stand in front of me while I kept my head down.

Suddenly, I felt a violent *SMACK* against my cheek.

My tears were already streaming down.

Not a second later, I felt another hit. One with even greater force, making me fall onto the floor and cry in pain.

"I made it clear to you! How dare you disappoint me again! On top of that, you decided not to come home until now! You disobedient child! You know what's coming, don't you?!" His words spat in my face.

I couldn't form any words and continued to let my tears stream down.

He grabbed a fistful of my hair and dragged me into a chair. I panicked even more when I realized it was no ordinary chair. It was new, and it had restraints. He overpowered me with his strength and restrained my wrists and ankles to the chair.

I think he's going to kill me.

"P- please! I'm sorry! Please don't do this!" I begged and cried.

"How did I end up raising such a failure?! You have no discipline whatsoever! You think I'm going to let you off after embarrassing our family?! I will make sure you had learnt to never disobey me ever again by the end of the night!"

"No, no please!" I cried harder when I saw him going into the kitchen. I heard the steam of the kettle going off and the *SWISH* sound of a knife.

No no no. He's going to scald and cut me alive.

He walked back with the kettle of boiling hot water and a kitchen knife.

"I'm sorry! Please stop! I'm SO SORRY!" I cried my lungs out.

He kicked me in the shin. "Shut up! I can't stand your impudence!"

He put his knife down and lifted the kettle up to pour over me.

"NO PLEASE! RYUJIN! HELP!" I screamed as loud as I could.