The Question

Soon as Elias left, Chise pressed both of her palm on Wind's abdomen. A greenish glow radiated from the contact as she chanted a spell under her breath. She could feel the energy flowing from her palm into Wind's body. She could not care less of the amount she lose, for she could generate energy infinitely.

Ruth reminded her not to push her limit, as it could also cause her much unneeded harm.

After what she felt like eternity, she heard the front door being opened and the thudding sound of frantic footsteps followed.
Shannon emerged from the doorway. A visible confusion plastered on her pale complexion.

"Who is this?" Shannon asked, stepping closer towards unconscious Wind. "I hope she's not something also bought from an auction, Ainsworth" She said threateningly, giving a death glare towards Elias.

"That, she is not," Elias told her.

"She is simply a stranger.... That is currently an extension to this household," he hesitantly clarified.

Frankly, Elias is quite surprised that he willingly accepted Wind as a member of his dwelling. He almost forgot of his actual intention in which Wind herself agreed to.

Shannon sighed and proceed to examine Wind. She appears to be an ordinary human being, but she could sense the leaking of magical energy.
Is she a Sleigh Beggy? She thought.

She pulled a type of string and skillfully braided it into a bracelet of sorts. She slipped it around Wind's left arm and secured it with a knot.

"This should prevent her energy from draining, she should wear this at all times." Shannon informed Elias and Chise.

"Is she a Sleigh Beggy?" She then asked Chise.

As a fae folk, Shannon is naturally drawn to Chise. But she doubt that this connection is true with Wind.

Chise shook her head, slowly withdrawing her hand from Wind when her flow felt sufficient. "I'm not sure, but she is not really human too," She answered.
"Initially, i thought she might have been an alchemist or magus of sorts. But that is apparently not the case." She explained.

Shannon nodded understandingly, glancing at the still unconscious Wind.
"What is it, that makes her... Unusual?" Shannon curiously queried.

"Um, she...could conjure...air," Chise replied hesitantly. She could call it many things, but she does not wish to create a misunderstanding. She would rather let Wind clarify her own ability when she have the chance to.

What Chise said understandably did little to be put into perspective of what Wind could do. Shannon could only accept whatever information was given to her. She asked Chise many question afterwards to fully understand the possible causes of Wind's ailment.

When told about what had previously happened, she confirmed it with Ruth and Elias who are currently watching the conversation unfolds.

"It could have been caused by shock. But I'm not quite sure about it unless she tells me how frequently she uses her power. Hence, I'm staying here until she wakes up," Shannon concluded.
She always prioritize her patients,especially those in dire need. A small part of her being however, are actually driven by sheer amounts of curiosity. She would like to know more about Wind and her origins.

After Wind's condition stabilized, Elias carried her to Chise's room and carefully laid her on the bed. Chise who followed closely behind then pulled a blanket over her. Ruth who ascended with them watched from the doorway, still feeling uneasy.

Chise glanced at him and slowly approached. "Ruth, it's not your fault. No one could have known that it would turn out this way," She assured, slowly stroking his head.
Ruth stayed silent, he could see the point in Chise's word. However, he is strangely in a deep remorse as if Wind is his own master.

Seeing that Ruth is in no better mood, Chise sighed heavily. She turned to see Elias approaching them, previously making sure that Wind is breathing properly.

"Wind is in stable condition at the moment. She just need to be closely monitored to make sure no further complications occur," Elias informed them. He then turned to Ruth, who donned a solemn expression.

"Why don't you keep an eye on her for a while?" He suggested. "Chise and I will talk to Shannon for the time being,"

Ruth sighed and gave a nod of agreement. He entered the room and laid next to the bed. Chise took a last peek at Wind before closing the door behind. Both she and Elias descended the stairs and made their way to the living room where Shannon stood in an agitated manner.

Upon seeing the duo at the living room entrance, Shannon approached them impatiently. "Do tell me, how many days has she stayed here?" She inquired them.

Rather perplexed by the question, Chise exchanged looks with Elias before answering her, "This is supposed to be her third day,"

Shannon nodded decidedly, taking in whatever information the answer had served her. She pondered for a moment, as if trying to reach the farthest corner of her memory. She opened her mouth a few times, as if she was about to say something but held back against it.

Elias and Chise could only watch in mild confusion,waiting for a response. After a few perplexing minutes, Chise stepped forward and asked,
"Is there anything we should know?" her expectant eyes fixated onto Shannon's.

In return, Shannon scratched her non-itchy head, flustered. In the end, she lets out a heavy sigh,
"There's something unusual about this situation that I found very hard to put into words. But it's either actually that or it's just me..." She confessed.

Unsettled by this, Chise pressed her further regarding the matter.
"Since this 'well renowned Thorn Mage' decided to 'extend' his family member," Shannon's started sarcastically,
"I'm a little bit bewildered that the underworld in not rampaged with this information," she divulged.

"Really?" Elias chimed, "I wish they were that reserved when i brought Chise," he reminisced, although a bit discontented.

The first day he brought her home, the realm was atwitter with the news. Not one fae folk or magus oblivious to the information. They were constantly bothered with arrays of trouble ever since, although things have quieten down a notch over the past few month.

"Unusual..." Chise muttered under her breath. "The Aeriels did pay us a visit recently, they should have told everybody they came across" she reasoned.

Shannon raised her eyebrows, dismayed. "Now that IS unusual," she exclaimed."They are well known for never holding their tongue, they'll make sure that no secret went unraveled....until now apparently" She placed both her hand on her hips with an expression of disbelief on her face.

She tapped her foot on the wooden floor, deep in wonder. Elias escaped the annoying gesture by studying Chise's similarly pondering expression.
He felt a fluttering sensation inside him every time he does it, he learned that this emotion is due to extreme affection towards her.
However, he could also feel a knot that he did not realize was there earlier. He's also intensely worried. Almost at the same scale as when he's worried about Chise.

He couldn't deny that he was initially shocked right after the incident, it left him disoriented and stumbling around in a hurry. But for it to carry out this far is uncalled for.

He wondered, just WHAT is she?