Considering

Elias looked up from his drink. "Pardon?"

"Please let Wind live with us!" Chise begged him. "I'll have extra company," she reasoned.

"Certainly NOT, Chise!" Elias argued, he wouldn't let anyone interfere his moments with Chise. Especially a stranger that Chise only knew for less than a day!

"Please-"

"I wouldn't waste a breath about it, my decision will remain unchanged!" He concluded, refusing to even bargain on the matter.

Chise exhaled in frustration and stomped out of the room, clearly upset from her futile attempts to reason with him.

Elias felt a familiar knot forming in the pit of his stomach. He could say that he HATES arguing with Chise, but he is quite certain that it will pass soon enough.

She can't possibly think that he will allow a stranger to live together with them. Such idea would be plain absurd to anyone.

He just got back from a meeting at the college a few hours ago. He was bombarded with question the minute he stepped into the conference hall. Apparently, he should know EVERYTHING about the storm. He can't get around on how their mind actually works.

He felt rather exhausted, so he set down his cup of tea on the table and went upstairs to his room. Occasionally, Chise would sleep next to him, not this night it appears. Chattering could be heard from Chise's room, to which he only sighed. He changed into his pajamas and clambered into bed, dozing off a few minutes later.

___________________________________

A few hour into his sleep, Elias was awoken by the sound of a window sliding open. He is usually a heavy sleeper, but the argument earlier made him a little jumpy.

He got out of bed and peered outside. It was Wind, clearly illuminated by the bright moonlight. He watched her intently, waiting for whatever trick she's planning to do.

Wind conjured a light breeze that carried her to the ground. She looked around for a brief moment before laying on the ground. Bewildered by this behavior, Elias decided to inspect her much closer. He dissolved himself into the shadows and slithered outside the house. He continued watching from the shadows, Wind who was clearly awake but unmoving on the grass.

He wasn't sure, but he could've swore that he saw tears trickling down from Wind's eyes. Feeling a little guilty, he reformed from the shadow and stepped closer to Wind. Wind's eyes widened in fear before realizing that it was only Elias. She shot up from her previous position and nervously stood up.

"Why are you out here?" Elias asked her, glancing at the window from which Wind slipped out of. "I... umm... Sleeping," Wind stuttered, her hands hid behind her back.

"Is it a preference, or is it something else?" Elias queried, glancing back at her. Wind's face flushed red, realizing how bizarre it seems for someone to sleep outside. At a loss for words, Wind said nothing.

"Eyes forward, not to the ground!" Elias demanded, oddly nostalgic. Wind obediently did as she was told, fearfully. Elias inspected her carefully, searching for a hint that may define her. Even in dim light, he can clearly make out the dark rings under her eyes, light bruises on her skin and scratches on her palms. Wind only stood still, afraid to move and possibly angering Elias even more.

"Follow me," Elias suddenly ordered in a hush. He walked towards the backyard, hesitantly followed by Wind. He opened a door leading to a small greenhouse attached to the back of the house. Elias held the door open, gesturing Wind to enter. Wind stepped in followed by Elias.