Persuasion

As Elias previously predicted, Father Simon came to visit. Surely addressing the extra person in the house.

Silky set down a cup of tea in front of the priest sitting down in the living room. Chise and Elias sitting down in their respective couches listening intently. Elias had his arms folded, anticipating the oncoming questions.

"I'll just cut to the chase Ainsworth," He started. "Who did you bring home this time?"
Simon eyed Wind who is standing at the door of the living room. Silky gently placed a hand on Wind's shoulder, reassuring her.

"She is Wind Bell, she appeared at our doorstep a few days ago and she is currently living with us," Elias explained short.
He had his scarlet cloth draped on his bony face. He had a hint of nervousness in his voice although he tried hard to not sound as such.

"Living with-...Ahhhh, Ainsworth...You are a complicated person!" Simon exclaimed in frustration, scratching his non-itchy scalp as he does so.

"You know that my superior will not take this lightly, right? Taking in someone who appeared on your doorstep? Are you even listening to yourself!?" Simon continued berating Elias, this time massaging his temple with his right hand.

"Perhaps you can extract the story from the person herself. Although even then, i doubt that the fact will change," Elias relented, gesturing for Wind to come in.

She sheepishly stepped into the room standing in front of the coffee table. She glanced nervously towards Simon, fearing that he might raise his voice. She despised being yelled at, as she couldn't stand the fear that comes afterward.

"Pardon me for the loud voice I used earlier, please take a seat and tell me your story. You have nothing to be worried about," Simon assured, gesturing her to sit down on the opposite vacant seat right next to Chise.

"I am Simon Callum, a priest at the local church and Ainsworth's....supervisor" If Elias can roll his eyes, he would. Simon Callum to him, is just a pest at best.

Wind sat at the aforementioned seat and fidgeted slightly, unsure where to start.
"There was a storm...I was wandering in the forest and...I saw this house-" Simon stopped her with his hand.

"Pardon me..."Wandering in the forest"? Do you not have a place to live?" He questioned her, a frown forming on his face.
Wind simply shook her head slowly, filled with sorrow.

"Are you not afraid of this man in the slightest?" Simon queried, pointing towards Elias.

At the moment, Elias realized that he never changed his facade from the moment they met. It was quite bewildering to say the least.

Chise seems to realize this too as she has a slight frown on her face. Wind once again gave a polite shake of her head.

"How about this, you technically doesn't have belong to this household, you have a future elsewhere," Simon coaxed her.

"I can find you a good place to live, surrounded by your own people,"

"Simon, i am being very cordial with you," Elias interjected, "Do not imply that we are something lower," He said sternly.

"Fine...but this girl clearly belong somewhere else," Simon insisted.

Chise tightened both her hand into a fist. She dares not interrupt the conversation, as she might say something out of line.
But she cannot bear the thought of losing Wind. She is inexplicably too important to her.

Chise braced herself to voice her protest when Wind suddenly leaned on her ear and whispered, "don't stare when i dance, tell Elias too."

Bewildered but compliance, Chise watched in confusion as Wind stood up from her seat and went to the head of the coffee table.

"I am deeply sorry, but i wish to stay and unbothered in this home. As an apology, i would like to perform a short dance," Wind announced.
Simon stared at her puzzled, as Chise sneakily voiced her request to Elias who nodded shortly.

Wind closed her eyes and exhale, she caught the lower part of the sweater she's wearing and pulled it upward, taking it off.
Simon lowered his gaze in shame and cleared is throat but found himself refocusing on her.

Left with only her white satin dress, she waved both her arm around in slow motion. At this point, Chise is staring somewhere else, wondering what Wind is planning to do.

Wind broke into an elegant dance, moving around like a forest nymph. Each movement of her body is in sync with an invisible melody.
She spun round and made beautiful gestures with her hand.
An aromatic floral fragrant began filling the room.

Chise's superior smelling ability caught on the intoxicating scent and sweat profusely. She sneaked a glance on the priest who appeared to be under a trance.
She could also feel that the room feels quite breezy caused by Wind herself.

A few moment later, Wind stopped dancing and the breeze immediately ceased and the scent dissipates.
Appeared as if enamored by Wind's performance, Simon is rendered speechless.

"Forgive me, Miss Bell. You clearly prefer to stay and that is completely up to you," He said at last, still awe-stricken.

He stood up and turned to Elias, "I'm really sorry for bothering you Ainsworth, you clearly know what you're doing. I'll explain the matter kindly to my superior." He apologized to Elias's dismay.

"Yes ,please," Elias simply replied, unfolding his arms.

"Thank you, Father Simon" Chise added, not knowing of anything else to say.

"I will show myself out, until next time Ainsworth!" He bid farewell and went out the front door, which is immediately closed shut by Silky.
The remaining seated person stayed still, baffled.

Wind hastily picked up the sweater she tossed aside moments ago and put it back on, blushing hard that they have to witness that. "Well, I'm impressed," Elias finally commented. "What exactly does that do?" He asked.

"I rarely used that routine, i use it to get out of difficult situation and just now called for it," Wind explained.

"It's a type of persuasion dance, i guess. But I don't like performing it, since it's quite unethical." She concluded, eyes pointed down.

"That is very similar to my sleeping spell, channeled by a lullaby" Chise said.

"Your ability is akin to mysticism!" She added, smiling brightly.

Immediately, Wind is relieved of her nervousness. Hearing their approval makes her spirit rise.

"That is correct, ability to summon something at will, usually without the help of a neighbor," Elias agreed.

"That is quite uncommon, especially if you are not of fae origin yourself," He remarked with some semblance of excitement. Wind is similar to that of an Aeriel, without being an Aeriel.

Wind suddenly winced and dropped to the floor, sitting on her left thigh. Her face contorted with pain, and her right hand reached out holding her knee.

Silky and Chise came rushing towards her, their face pale with worry. Ruth leapt out of Chise's shadow and inspected her.

Wind's knees have turned red and swollen . The wound from the day before, although tended, have not healed completely.
Seeing that Wind have overexert herself with the persuasion spell, her knee have taken some damage making it painful.

"Looks like you've given yourself trouble," Elias commented, approaching the group.
Although in pain, Wind managed a chuckle and said, "It seems that i have...".

Chise later uses a stronger healing spell on Wind's knees and scolded her for not considering her health.