chapter 45: lover boy

"It was very drippy before

"It was very drippy before." Judith whined as she painted on the porch, Eloise and Carl sitting criss cross on either side of her. Eloise childishly furrowed her brows at the small girl, shaking her head. "Was it drippy? That's okay."

"It's a... I'm gonna make it into a heart." Judith cheered, making Carl chuckle. "Okay, that's fine. That's fine. Go ahead."

"It's dripping from the heart." Judith sang, leaning into Eloise slightly, making the older girl smile, looking at the drawing. "Cause the heart's so full. Is that why?"

Judith nodded before pouting slightly, turning to Carl. "Some is dripping on you." Carl smiled, shaking his head as he rubbed Judiths back. "You want to tell me about the painting?"

Judith giggled, pointing at the canvas. "That's our house. And Aunt Maggie. And the King. All our friends. And there's Jace." Eloise and Carl smiled at the canvas before Judith let out an evil giggle, pointing at the drawing versions of Carl and Eloise. "And I put Carl next to Wou because he woves her."

Lou's face instantly burned red, looking down as Carl smiled at her. "Yeah, I do love her. But you spoiled it." Carl said, his last sentence going to Judith as he ruffled her hair, making the toddler whine before a loud gasp escaped her lips as she turned to Eloise. "Wou, can I draw your hat?"

Eloise smiled, nodding her head, making Judith cheer as she turned back to her painting, drawing the army hat Rosita got on her Lou's head.

"Who is that grumpy face?" A voice spoke behind the three, making them all turn their heads to Rick and Michonne. Judith had an evil smile on her face as she looked at her dad. "You get a grumpy, little face."

Michonne instantly started laughing at Judith's words, walking towards the three kids. "He has a happy face, too."

"And there's going to be his big tummy!" Judith cheered and Eloise instantly laughed, quickly hiding it in her hand after Ricks glare. "That's Daddy's big tummy?" Carl said, trying to hold in his laughs, Lou's stifle ones weren't helping.

Rick rolled his eyes as he held back a smile, he walked towards the three as he shooed Eloise and Carl off. "Shoo. Go on. You were supposed to be at Rositas and Jaspers already."

Lou's eyes went huge as she nodded her head, realizing she and Carl were supposed to be there a while ago. "Shoot, you're right." Eloise mumbled, quickly kissing the top of Judith's head and quickly getting up, Carl following after her after giving Judith a kiss on the cheek. "Bye Judy!" Eloise screamed as she ran towards her house. Judith turned around to her brother and Eloise, waving goodbye. "Bye Wouie!" Judith cheered happily, not being able to pronounce her 'L's.

As the couple walked towards the house, Eloise grabbed Carl's hand, turning to face him with a small smile. "What was that back there, lover boy?" She asked, a big grin growing on her face.

Carl's face scrunched in confusion, squeezing Lou's hands. "What was what?"

Eloise felt herself blush slightly as she looked to the side slightly before turning back to him, a small smirk on her face. "You love me?" Carl's brows furrowed, a small smile growing on his face. "Of course I love you. I've said it before..."