Chapter8 One step towarda Revolution

It was 2nd October. Not a normal day for Anirudh, because it was something very special. Rudhi got up and found her wrapped in a blanket in the couch. With a confused and questioning look she went down and found her barrister babu, Anirudh sitting in the sofa with a newspaper in his hand and his face filled with joy and happiness. Rudhi not knowing the reason for it slowly and timidly walked towards him with a cup of coffee.

Rudhi: Barrister babu apki coffee

She forwarded him the coffee and the next second what happened was Unknown to her, two arms wrapped around her and hugged her, those arms in whose beneath she felt protected, it was The great ANIRUDH ROY CHOWDHURY hugged her. Realizing what he did just, he left her with a jerk.

Anirudh: Woh....woh main sorry. Asalme aaj Gandhiji ka janamdin hain aur tumhe pata hain unke jaisa mahan admi ko amantran karne ka souvagya mujhe mila. Isliye jada utsahit hokar maine.....

Rudhi: Apko safai dene ki koi jarurat nahi main samajhti hoon. Agar aap aaj unhe amantran karenge toh mujhe bhi apke sath le chalenge.

Anirudh: Haan jarur lejaunga. Sham ko taiyar rehna aur fir hum chalenge. (he said joyfully)

Rudhi hearing that he would take her jumped in happiness and kept on dancing in the whole house. Anirudh adored and smiled at her innocence when Bondita's face flashed across his mind and his face again lost its colours. He sat on the couch of his study and then joining his hands before the photo of Bondita he exclaimed.

Anirudh: Bondita, Dekho aaj main tumhe wada karta hoon, Maine tumhe jarur barrister nahi bana paya, khule asman mein panchio K tarha ura nahi paya par Rudhi ko Bharat baki har ladkio ko main woh uddan dungi jise dekh kar tungsten seena garv se bhar jaye aur tum mujhe khus hokar yeh Bolo ki.........

'Bravo Patibabu Bravo! Ami tomake bhalobashi"

He smiled imagining Bondita saying this and then rubbing the tears that were flowing from his eyes while saying this all he went and got dressed but not in his English shirts and suspenders but today he dressed in a traditional Bengali Royal Blue kurta and Punjabi.

Rudhi got drapped in a Bengali Banarasi Royal Blue Saree bordered and embroided with golden silk threads. She had her hairs left and a white gajra was tied in it. The simplicity and her smile was the best make up worn by her that made her look divine, elegant and beautiful.

Both being punctual arrived at the threshold of the door at sharp 5 pm in the evening. Anirudh was busy revising the speech he learnt to welcome Mahatma Gandhi and Rudhi kept admiring her new idol.

Rudhi: Khub valo Barrister babu.

Anirudh: (looked up) Thank you Rudhi, chalo abh chale, nahi toh der hojayega.

Rudhi agreed smilingly and Anirudh opened the door for her in the front sit beside him and she entered. They reached at sharp 6 in the evening. Both of them were welcomed grandly with bouquets of flowers. Rudhi was amazed with the decorations, she kept admiring everyone present their. At that time Gandhiji arrived in the stage and Anirudh was asked to welcome him.

Anirudh: Good evening ladies and gentleman and the great Leader Mahatma Gandhi. My heartiest wish is Happy Birthday Gandhiji. Aaj K din hum sav bharat bashio K liye bohathi mahatya purna kyuki aaj apke jaisa 1 mahan byakti janamaye, asha karta hoon ki apki khoon ko pani karne wala parisram 1 Din hume swatantra swadesh bharat dekhne ki souvagya de, Uss swatantra Bharat jiske liye hum sav taras rahe hain.

Mahatma Gandhi got up and clapped and saluted him making Anirudh touching his feet asking for blessing. But surprisingly Rudhi,that 15 year old girl with bravery got up in the stage and took the Mike.

Rudhi: Barrister babu ne kaha swatantra desh? Par kya yeh sambhav hain jav hum khud hamare desh ki aurto ki pair mein beria lagaye, unhe urne se roke, hum apne hi vicharo aur reeto se lare nahi na. Arey jav hum Hindu aur Muslim mein fark late hain aur ladte hain toh kiska achcha hota hain hamare ya unke. Unka! Fir kyu yeh fark, vedvab kyu nahi Mann sakte hain ki hum sav insan hain aur bhartiya hain, yahi humare parichay hain.

Gandhiji: Kyuki beta tumhare aur tumhare pati K tarha savka soch nahi hain, nahi hain tum donoh ki tarha itna sahas. Par mein dao lagakar kehe sakta hoon ki ek din tum donoh hi milke fark mitaoge.
Barrister babu.

Rudhi and Anirudh smiled and took his blessings. Gandhiji blessed them with his full heart and then took leave. Anirudh being happy and proud at Rudhi for giving her view so bravely with much confidence took her to the market to feed her kulfi.

Anirudh: Yeh lo tumhara kulfi. (he forwarded the kulfi but before she could take he was pushed down)

Rudhi: Barrister babu........

People were running like insane in the road and slowly Anirudh understood what it was, it was the riot that broke in between the Hindu and Muslim. Those men's with long shovels had already started killing everyone, bodies of dead lied in the roads with blood flowing. A fear crept in Anirudh's eyes for losing Rudhi, he held her hand and started running. Rudhi not knowing what was just happening just followed him when the words of some men rang on her ears, 'Sav marega, Hindu aur Muslim kavi 1 nahi hosakte hain. ' She understood what it was and a lone tear escaped her eyes.

After running for some time they stopped behind a pillar and both hided over their. They were breathing very fast, both of them were in need of oxygen. Anirudh consoled her by hugging her when a sword was put in front of his throat. Anirudh gulped down and then looked back and out of the blue it was Abhishek his enemy. Abhishek laughed out wickedly.

Abhishek: Aaj ka din bohat yaad gar banaunga tum donoh ka, (he eyed some man's and those men's parted Anirudh and Rudhi)

Anirudh: Nahiiiii! Rudhi ko kuch mat Karna, agar usse 1 anch bhi aya toh khoon ki nadiya baha dunga.

Abhishek: Achcha, himmat hain tere pass, aaj tere hi samne tere hi patni ko main choounga, aur fir hahaha rehne de main bolta nahi hoon karke dikhata hoon.

Abhishek eyed some men's and they slash gave a deep cut in Anirudh's hand, blood started flowing out. Abhishek forcefully smacked Rudhi's waist and tears were continuously flowing from Rudhi's eyes and Anirudh's eyes became red in anger and he glared at Abhishek and tried getting out of the men's grip but their grip was to strong. He then just murmured, 'Durga Ma. '

Precap: Slashhh Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Nahiiii. Barrister babuuuu. Durga Ma, Raksha kijiye.

Anidita: Destined to be togetherOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara