Chapter 54: My Heart's Desire

Liana

The dorm master guided us to our respective dorms; all the girls are separated from the boys. In one room there are twenty-five double deck beds so fifty people can stay in one room. I arranged my things and put it in the cabinet infront of every bed then I changed my clothes. I'll be staying at the lower part of the bed while Ella is at the top. Before we proceed to the gathering hall the girls called me.

"What happened back at the lobby between you and Elissa?" Ella asked

"Do you need to ask that Ella? It's obvious that what happened.... Elissa's insecurities is switched on" Chantal said

"That freaking bitch never gives up" Relina said

"It's okay nothing really serious happened" I told them, to me what happened between me and Elissa is nothing but what came after that is very serious. I said too much and blame all it to Jayden.

"If you say so Lia" Ella said and she didn't ask anymore. Then we heard a bell rings

"Please proceed to the gathering hall ladies" the dorm master told.

All of the students are already at the hall; there we meet up with the guys who are already wearing their shirt, shorts and slippers, the retreat instructor told us to wear something very comfortable. Our professor guided us to a seminar hall where we'll be having the orientation but before that the retreat instructor is going to say something.

"Hello Northern Knight, your professor has already paired you before arriving here correct?" and all of us said yes "Very good, so now I want guys to go to your partner and sit with them whenever there is an activity, and you'll be with that person for the whole retreat" he said, whole retreat?! I'll be with Jayden for the whole retreat....

Our seating arrangement is by section, Jayden and I are at the back. The first thing that we did is introduction and after that we proceed to our next activity which is self-awareness. This activity is by group, we will be having a paper with our name on it and the paper will roam around the circle. Since there are four sections, there will be four circles. Polsci section has only twenty students including the irregular students which are Jerome and Jayden. We started to write our name on the paper, the instructor said "Go" and our paper started to move.

The roaming of paper is over; the instructor said that we shouldn't look what are written on the paper because we should read that at the last day of the retreat. Before we could start the next activity the instructor let us watch a movie first Beauty and the Beast, wow! We are already a college students, I can guess everyone already knows this story, the main wisdom of this movie is it doesn't matter what people look because true love doesn't choose appearance. I'm positive that will be the topic of the lecture that the instructor will give us.

After watching the instructor started the lesson of life, and I was right about the wisdom of the story but there's a deeper wisdom in it. I wonder what it is? I've watch that movie ever since I was a little girl so I can't help to wonder. "The other lesson of this story is sacrifice" Sacrifice? Why? I asked myself "Why ask? Because Beast let Belle go to be with his ill father knowing that the spell will never be broken and still he lets her go out of love" Oh yeah that part too.

Our next activity is to find something outside that has an impact at first sight, describe that particular thing and explain what did we feel when we saw it first hand, the activity will be in pair. I guess Jayden will be tagging along with me, why can this activity be in solo or in group? Why does it need to be by pair? Again they gave us paper and ballpen, then we proceed outside

We are givenone hour for this activity, honestly I want to finish this activity immediately because we are in an awkward situation right now, we are treating each other silently, and we just walk where our feet take us. Jayden is still walking right beside me, I took a glance of him without moving my head. Is it me? Or is he really smiling while he's looking at his cellphone. Maybe he just got a text from Elissa that's why he's smiling, I can't help to think that he is so handsome in any kind of expression. I can't help being jealous towards Elissa. Oh Fudge! What am I thinking?! Enough of this! I need to concentrate finding that thing with an impact on eyes.