School Trip - 1

"Are you okay..?" Ellie asks me
"...?"
"I was just wondering because you're usually happy and talking and now...." She explains
"Now...?" I question
"Now you're all quiet and lonely"
"Oh..."
"If you ever need anyone to hang out with, you have us.. or at least me, Carley hates you" she smiles gently,
"Yeah," I giggle quietly, "she really does.."

That, was the first ever conversation we had. We've been through a lot together and I'm so thankful I have her.

________

"MELANIE!! MELANIE GET UPPP" I feel someone shaking my bed and shouting, so I look around in confusion, oh right, I'm in the dorm an that Welsh nature place, it was a school trip and all of my friends went. I sat up, leaned over the edge to look down at her and gently smacked her head, making sure not to hurt her "hello loser.." I said while yawning, "helloooo" Ellie replied, smiling and looking up at me, I was on the top bunk.

"C'mon you're gonna be lateee, it's already 8:47, if you don't wake your butt up I'll.... I'll put toothpaste on your hairbrush"

"I barely brush my hair not even gonna lie.."

"I- then I'll put toothpaste directly in your hair"
I sigh and smile sleepily and gently "fineeee.." I climb out of bed and get ready for the day.

"Remember your lunch, you're gonna need it"

"Mhm.."

"And remember your layers too, it'll be cold"

"Yes.."

"And remember tO WAKE UP AND ACTUALLY LISTEN" She slaps my head and I almost fall down the stairs, she bursts out laughing, she's aggressively strong and she doesn't even realise, I'm not gonna tell her though.

"Woah woah okay"

"AHHAHA I'M SORRY I DIDN'T MEAN TO DO IT THAT HARD"

"It's okayy..idmm.." I yawn again.

"What did I just say? At this rate you're going to be buttering your sandwiches with- I don't know- milk-"

"I'm not that tireddd.."

"Yeah yeah" she replied sarcastically, now cmooonnn"

This was the first morning here and i already wanted to give up and go to sleep, but no, i'm doing this for a reason, and that reason is - to escape. i finally have an excuse for not giving in homework, not going home, not anything, i can just stay with my friends all day every day for a few weeks, what could go wrong?