School trip - 2

Everything. Everything could go wrong. Everything did go wrong.

*a week before*
Me and ellie are laying on my bed after a long day. We were climbing literal mountains.
We had finally settled and put all our things away and did the chores we needed to do so we had nothing else to do now. We were just laying there silently.. it felt comfy. Too comfy.. I felt at home. I loved it.
But her voice broke the silence.
"hey.. Melanie..." She said quietly, she sounded nervous. My best friend, the confident one, the one who orders my drinks for me, she sounds.. nervous?

"yea..?" i look at her

"what would you do.. if.. one of your close friends fell in love with you..?" She looked back at me.

"oh? uhmm I'm not really sure, i havent really thought about that before"

"oh..." Ellie looks away and seems slightly sad.

"whyyy?" i giggle quietly.

"I'm in love with you." she looks back, and i cant read her emotion, i just see light blush on her cheeks.

WOAH WOAH WOAH WHAT??

i lay silently and look away, what do i reply with, I'm taking too long, i dont know what to do, my hands arent positioned right, i cant speak, what do i say?, I'm making her upset but i cant think, no words are forming in my mind, just the sound of her voice, "I'm in love with you" "I'm in love with you" "I'm in love with you"..

"I'm sorry..."

i wanted her to shut up. why is she apologising? she didnt do anything wrong.

"i-im so sorry i-.. sorry..."

"for gods sake ellie." i kiss her.

WHAT AM I DOING?! I didnt even prepare for this, i wish i could say I'm mad with myself but... oh my LORD ive been waiting so long for this moment.

i pull away and lay back down.
Then i hear her squeak and she covers her face with a pillow just laying down quietly.

"I'm in love with you too.." i say quietly, and a small smile forms on my face, i finally said it out loud to them.

—————

It has been a week now, me and ellie have been together after the kiss, nobody could pull us apart. Nobody.. Nobody except,

"ELLIE" Carley yells as shes dragging me across the field holding my wrist.
Elly looks at us, and smiles gently.

i havent long woke up i dont know whats happening- what is happening? I'm on the field, being dragged along, in my pjs, all the way to ellie? eh-

"hellooo, whats u-"

"Right so Melanie doesnt love you anymore." Carley interrupts.

Ellie goes silent.

WHAT? I LOVE HER? I LOVE HER. WHAT IS CARLEY EVEN SAYING OFC I DO, I NEVER SAID I DIDNT.

tears form in ellies eyes, "i-i-" she runs away.

"ELLIE- ELLIE WAIT SHES LY-" i try to yell out to her but shes too far away now, gosh she looks good when she runs. i shouldnt be focusing on that i need to catch up, but shes too fast, and I'm not the sporty type, I'm the gamer type. ill just try my best to hurry over, so i start to head ove-

and of course carley, a girl twice my size, stops me.

I turn to her, "WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT."

"you dont love her"

"YES I DO, I DONT EVEN TALK TO YOU WHAT WOULD YOU KNOW?"

"a lot. stop acting big i could break your wrist in seconds."

"FUCK YOU"

---

Ehhh it all went downhill afterwards.
After the trip we still didnt speak and somehow my teacher found out and they told my mom and when we got to the car she started shouting at me and she hit me.
Not long after, a huge virus called Covid-19 was spread and we had to go into lockdown/quarantine.
Me and ellie still didnt speak.
All of my friends left me, to be honest it was for the best, and I hope they're okay.