[five]

🌿chloe's pov🌿

*a week later*

"do you think penguins know that they're penguins?" i ask as maria and i walk to my house after school.

"girl the fuck." maria says, kicking a stone off the sidewalk.

"just asking."

we walked in silence until we got to my house.

maria was on her phone texting someone, non stop.

"maria get off your phone. please." i plead, putting my bag on the floor.

"hell no girl." she says, typing even more.

i groan and run to the kitchen and sit on the table.

"girl. girl! i'll make it up to you. i'll make you a smoothie later. how about that?" maria asks, walking into the kitchen after me.

"fine."

*later that day*

"AYO CHLO YO SMOOTHIE IS READY!" i hear maria yell from the kitchen.

i run down the stairs to the kitchen to see her pouring it into a glass.

"why thank you." i say, grabbing the smoothie and running to the living room.

i sit on the couch and start drinking my smoothie. i take out my phone and see that it's already really late. and i have a message from luke.

luke_is_a_penguin: i miss you more than blink 182

i roll my eyes at it and type back,

yochillchloe: same here :-(

i sip my drink until i hear that annoying sound you get when there's nothing left.

maria sits next to me and comments, "you look tired."

"a little." i say and yawn.

she smiles like an ass and says, "chlo you can sleep, i'll stay the night cause i know you get lonely and yo mom's not home."

i nod and lean on the pillow of the couch. i shut my eyes and lose all consciousness.

-----------

i open my eyes and i see darkness. i've got a goddamn blindfold on and i feel myself moving.

"maria?" i ask, moving my arms around.

"yea?" i hear from behind me.

"where am i?" i ask, turning myself around.

"you'll find out soon enough."

i hear a lot of people around us talking. i sigh and itch my arm.

i hear faint guitar playing in the distance.

"maria?"

"yes chloe?"

"this blindfold is itchy."

"you could take it off now. and stand up while you're at it."

i do as she says and stand up. then i take my blindfold off.

since my eyes haven't adjusted yet, i can't see very well right now.

now i hear singing in front of me, not far away.

"she sleeps alone. my heart wants to come home. i wish i was, i wish i was beside you." sings a tall blonde figure playing guitar, which has something written on it.

i blink and see the guitar says 'CHLOE' in big letters. i tilt my head and look back up to the singer.

"she lies awake. i'm trying to find the words to say. i wish i was i wish i was beside you."

my heart jumps. it's luke.

cliffhangin all day erry dey babes🌚