[ten]

🍃luke's pov🍃

she looked up at me in disbelief. i feel really awkward at the moment sooo

"luke?"

"yeah?"

"i want to be with you." she states and looks up at the ceiling.

"i want to be with you." i repeat, staring at the ceiling as she does.

"but we can't be together." she says, shutting her eyes tightly.

"you live in austrailia and i live in america. they're two different sides of the world luke. and you're in a band known worldwide so you'll always be on tour anyway. i want to be with you, i truly do. but," she sighs.

"i know exactly how you feel and i think i've come up with a way that will make us both happy." i pause.

"how about for the remainder of the time you're here we're together as in dating and when you have to go back to america, we'll try long distance?"

she turns over so she's facing me and i do the same.

"deal." she replies and inches closer to me, leaning her head on my shoulder.

i hum into her hair and she leans up to look at me.

"i'm not going to say i love you just yet, but just know that i truly care about you." she states, smiling.

"i think you're right. and i'm going to be a complete child right now and say this. i like like you." i reply, looking into her eyes.

she leans in to kiss my cheek, but i turn my head quickly so my lips meet lips.

"you're stupid." she says, smiling at me and pushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

"NO I NOT!" i yell, laughing.

before she could ask, i ask, "WHAT'S NINE PLUS TEN?"

"NINETEEN WHAT'S BITCH PLUS BITCH HUH BITCH!"

my phone buzzes so i check it, of course it's a message from michael.

mikey babe👅: hope you two are having a splendid time

i smile at my phone and text him back.

lukey pookey boo boo: why yes we are for your information

mikey babe👅:LUKE'S GETTING LUCKY TONIGHT

lukey pookey boo boo: no i'm not. i'm getting cuddles

mikey babe👅:i'll leave you two for now... ;)

"would you be in on a prank on mike, cal, and ash?" i ask, leaning my chin on her head.

"elaborate hemmings."

"well. we're gonna keep the fact that we're dating from them. and make up a bunch of shit."

"i'm in." she replies and moves her arms around my neck.

"i'm finally beside you." i whisper.

"there are pieces of us both," i sing softly.

"under every city light,"

"and they're shining as we fade into the night."