Chapter 20

"What?"

"Maybe after I'm out of here I'll ask mom to take them."

"Izuku! What are you saying?" Kaminari dared to look at him and say. Izuku's cold eyes were trained on the ceiling above. His eyes were red and wet from crying.

"I just can't help it. If this is as bad as they say I cannot keep them! I'm only putting them in danger, the stress with the money, work.." He sighed regret clear but continued. "I-I can't keep living like this. My house is unstable. My kids go to birthday parties and get to watch kids play with their parents. I'm only home to cook dinner. They get to go to school, but I'm never there to pick them up. Hell, they think I've forgotten their birthdays!"

Kaminari watched Izuku. Who was now curled in a ball hugging his knees to his chest as he sobbed. The pain was heart wrenching but he understood. As much as he could.

"I.. I thought that if I give them to mom, I'll still be able to see them. I wouldn't be giving them up. But, no matter how I look at it I'm causing them pain. I don't know if they'd miss me or not. But if I keep them, one day I could drop dead in front of them. And I couldn't let them see me like this. Akatsu would cry for days and Izuki would talk less than he already does! Haruhi... I don't know what he would do. I can't help but imagine the ways he'd act.... He's just like his dad."

Denki just watched and listened. Izuku's steps toward recovery were so far away. And he could tell it was no where to be seen. Katsuki had ruined him ages ago, and now left behind was a fragile mental state. And a broken man. If he were any other person he'd believe Izuku was at a point of no return.

But he's not.

"Midoriya Izuku. I've said it a million times before, and I'll say it until you find some sort of comfort and solace in my words. You are not alone." Denki smiled as he set a hand on the man's knee. "I know your afraid of what will happen. But nothing will happen, over my dead body will I let you give them up and I will not let anything happen to you."

"You're messed up, yea even I can't lie to you about that. But it takes more than just a couple of pills to fix that. It takes family and friends and people who care for you. And we want to be here to show you that. I want to be here to show you that. But as long as you keep pushing us away we cant do that. So please just let us help." The blonde begged the other man. Tears also shedding from striking yellow eyes.

The silence in the room was only broken by the beeping of machines.

Yagi watched from his bed at the scene. Izuku was stretched out more just barely. Enough to let Denki come closer.

And even then the silence was barely broken. Even as a noise not louder than a whisper spoke, "Okay."

The old man was surprised he could hear it. But, none the less he leaned over to grab his notebook, and wrote down "PROCESS"

Haruhi was laying on his bed. Natsuo was next to him, his face solum as no words had been spoken the entire drive home.

All the blonde had done was stare at the ceiling, and sighed. And Natsuo, had been getting fed up to say the least.

"Okay. That's it." He said before flipping himself on top of the other, elbows first.

"NATSU! What the hell?" Haruhi had said as he gripped his stomach in pain.

But the other boy just glared and said, "You have done nothing but say nothing and do nothing but sigh all day. I'm sorry about your mom. I really am. But if you've learned nothing than you should know that keeping your feelings inside and never talking about them is a bad thing. Just talk. Say something, or else I'm leaving because sticking around just to watch you sigh is getting old."

"Than leave! I don't have to say anything to you! You're no therapist! You're no psychiatrist. You're no adult. I have nothing to say to you!" Haruhi yelled as he threw himself from the bed.

Haruhi was wide eyed, and partially offended. "You could say sorry. You could cry. You could express any sort of emotion and try to make yourself feel human again. Instead of just sitting there and acting like some fucking robot and avoiding me!"

The boys glared at each other, the tension only growing.

"I stay by your side to comfort you every day. Because I care for you, but lately that feeling has not been reciprocated. The least you could do was take care of your siblings! Because right now they don't have a mom and the least you could do is try and be a big brother!"

Haruhi yelled back, "You don't get to tell me how to raise my own siblings!"

"Maybe I don't, but at least I know them more than you do! Sitting around and moping because your mom isn't right doesn't give you a reason to be distant too!"

"You're out of line!"

"All I want to do is help! But if I'm not wanted here then I'll just go." Natsuo's demeanor changed in an instant. His eyes once full of flames were now cold ready to leave the current situation.

Haruhi wasn't backing down either. Even as he watched Natsu pack his things, they weren't living together obviously but sleep overs happened so often there was a special drawer just for him.

Everything he would need. Custom made by Haruhi. Just weeks after Natsu came out. The drawer was now barely empty as half of it was full of clothes.

And it was as the door was opened that Haruhi realized his actions, at that point Natsuo's bag was packed.

"W-Wait.. Natsuo?"

"No. I'm done with your shit. You're my best friend. And I love you. But the way you treat me sometimes is no better than your mother's last relationship.."

"No, no you can't leave.."

Natsuo's tears were long passed. Now just stains on his cheeks. But Haruhi, was crying rivers.

"I'll see you later."

"Please don't go."

But even then. The door was long shut. No one was there anymore.

Just the silence of his tears.

Worst. Breakup. Ever.

———
Another dose of angst for you weird souls. I'd like to know how you guys feel about the Haruhi and Natsuo "break up" it made me cry :(