Chapter 11

6 years later:

"Mom! You need to go to sleep!"

"I'm fine, Haruhi. Just a few more.. hours." Izuku sighed and waved as he continued to grade the papers on his desk.

"You can't exactly teach as class when you're about to fall asleep." Haruhi said as he crossed his arms. Izuku knee his son was right. But, the longer he worked the more overtime he gets paid.

"Can you at least finish dinner? I can't keep an eye on you I have to help Izuki, and Akatsu with their homework. And then do my own..."

"Yeah okay you do that. Love ya honey."

Haruhi stares at his mother as he tuned out. The red pen marking the paper. The blonde sighs as he walks out of the room. Greeted by his two younger siblings.

"Akatsu! Give Jun back!"

"No way! He's mine now!"

"Akatsu, give Izuki's bunny back. You have your own. And either way you need to do your homework. And I swear, you behave or I will send you to your room without any tv time." The twins froze and ran to the kitchen table taking their backpacks with.

Haruhi smiled in accomplishment. He was a very convincing brother.

He grabbed his own backpack, then walked to the kitchen and grabbed three jello packs. Then to the table where he sat with his siblings.

He set out the packs and looked at his siblings as they quietly bickered over the answer to their math homework.

"The faster you finish the more tv time. And maybe I'll add in extra dessert."

Only ten minutes later, his siblings sat together, comfortably on the couch holding a small bowl of ice cream.

Haruhi tapped his pencil to his lip quickly as he tried to do the mental math. The quickly jotting down the answer.

He heard the noise of explosions from the tv, and came to the understanding they were watching their superhero tv show.

Not until he heard a knock on the door did he break out of his mathematic trance. He stood up and looked through the peep hole of his door. And smiled, opening it.

"Hey Uncle Denks! Uncle Kiri!"

"Hey little man! Where's your mom at?" Denki asked as he slid his shoes of, replacing them with slippers.

Haruhi's smile turned into a frown. "I tried to get him to sleep and to get him to eat but. He's trying to get his overtime pay before the month's over. So he's in his room." He said with a sigh as he returned to the kitchen.

"What? But we talked the other day? He said he had enough for weeks. He doesn't need the extra pay." Kirishima stated as he walked into the dining room.

"Mom was probably lying.. we had to get dinner and lunch for the past couple days from the grocer. I think he was crying last night cause his boss was looking into his replacement.. I don't know anymore."

The sad proclamation from the blonde boy had Denki frown.

"I'll talk to Izuku. Don't worry! He'll be back on his feet soon! I know-"

"WAIT WHAT?!"

The yell echoed through the house. Shaking the glass of water Haruhi had on the table.

Quickly the two blonde's rushes upstairs as Kirishima tried to calm the twins down.

Kaminari bust the door open to see Izuku pacing around on the phone.

"Y-You can't! I-I have three kids!"

"Sir please think this through! I-I-"

"If that's how you want to put it than fine!"

"I have everything done! I work over time even though I don't have to!"

"W-Wait don't hang up!"

"DAMNIT!"

"Mom?" Haruhi asked as he watched his mother throw his phone across the room. Kaminari slowly slinking his way closer.

"I'm fine Haruhi.. just go downstairs." Izuku lies as he sat down at his desk chair.

"Izuku, no you aren't..." He was silent for a bit, Denki was, but as he crouched in front of his friend with a frown he continued. "Did you just get fired?"

Midoriya weakly chuckles before getting up and walking into his private bathroom. Before shutting the door he spoke, "Seems pretty obvious."

With a sigh Haruhi, Kirishima, and Denki sat down on the couch. A frown present on each face.

They had just spent 30 minutes trying to get the twins to sleep. Because they had wanted their mother to tuck them in.

Toys were thrown and tears were shed but, in the end. They now slept quietly in their beds.

"Uncle Denki..."

"What's up kid?"

"Was mom always this sad? In Highschool I mean. I can't remember the last time he looked as happy as he was when Akatsu and Izuki were born.." Haruhi admitted as he brought his legs close to his chest.

Kaminari knew that Haruhi knew Izuku and him were best friends in Highschool. So many stories his aunts and uncles told him.

"No.. he was happy in highschool and college. Never a dull moment. Except the week that I got admitted into the hospital." He said as he started to fiddle with his keys.

Kirishima piped up eventually, "Your uncle here decided against his besties opinion you know, the smarter one, to just off a roof into a pool. Missed by an inch broke his arm and fractured his shin." The three laughed but it didn't last long.

"If he was always happy.. why is he so sad now? We're free of Katsuki! I mean.. when was the first time you saw him so sad?"

The silence consumed the room. The two older men knew the answer, but what would it do to the teen if he knew the truth?

"Haruhi.. listen. Your mom was so excited when you were born. Your papa.. his dad died a couple days after you were brought home. And he didn't take it so lightly. He went out and did some stuff. And I had to bring him home. That was the first day that they got into a major fight. Your mom loved you.. No! He loves you. But your papa..."

"So he's the reason why mom hates us so much." Haruhi said before storming off and to his room.

"Wait Haruhi! No! That's not what I'm- Your mom loves you a lot and-" Kaminari said as he tried chasing after his nephew. Getting cut off at the sound of a door slam.

"You aren't good at this parenting thing bro.." Eijiro admitted. As he crossed his arms.

"Yea well it's not exactly like their my kids."

"You sure as hell treat 'em like it though.."

"When your best friend has kids with an abusive husband, and they become distant. You try keeping three kids happy, then we'll talk."

——————
I was supposed to publish this last night 🤡