Chapter 5

(It took more time than it should have to put together this chapter, but it's a long one with some Dablyn fluff. I hope that make up for the delay. I'll have more UA student and underrated character interactions soon but for now it's more Midoriya and Bakugou getting adjusted to the sidekick role.

The next song in the soundtrack is above, I'd suggest you start playing it at the "*'" point for the best reading experience. You don't have to but you are more than welcome to.

If you're ready to read ahead, enjoy! Most of the future content is kind of undecided and I'm making most of the chapter plots as I go. :3)

Chapter 5

"Wow, this changes everything..."

2 days later...

"Do you believe that finding Diamond and the other missing figures, you and your pending allies will need to go to this gala? Proper equipment and all, according to this unlisted friend?" Detective Tsukauchi interrogated Touya Todoroki simply. "Yes. She has regular business with villains like me, and knows her customers well." Dabi answered formally. "I see." The detective nodded and wrote his newfound information down. "When the staff at UA decide on the interns working with you, we will see what the department can do-"

"Why did you call us here, Detective?" Akemi Clayton barged into the quaint office snarkily. She was glaring at the two heroes-in-training, Katsuki Bakugou, and Izuku Midoriya. Her frenemy, Dabi, scowled out of boredom. The tension was thick like butter as the three took their seats in front of Detective Tsukauchi's desk at the Kamino City Police Station. Tsukauchi exhaled calmly and did some typing on his laptop, pulling out a set of files from one of the drawers of his office desk. "It's quite simple really. Recently-"

"I know why." The famous blonde, Bakugou, known as Ground Zero, smugly interrupted. "Kacchan, we applied and interviewed to help with this case for extra credit and to prove our credibility to Aiza-I mean, Eraser-" Midoriya, known as Deku, recalled timidly. Akemi and Touya sighed at the young boy trying to downplay his classmate's arrogance.

"I dunno why the hell you roped me into this mess. I don't do hero work. Never have, never will." Akemi sneered. Her light brown eyes glowed irritably at the detective as he clenched a fist. "Calm down, pipsqueak. I'm sure there's a-" Dabi tried to calm Akemi down, unintentionally frustrating his acquaintance more. "Pipsqueak..." The blonde snickered under his breath.

"Do I have your attention now?" Detective Tsukauchi's voice hit a drastic crescendo as he dramatically slammed one of the files he took out onto the desk. He took a deep breath and exhaled remorsefully. "I apologize, I usually have much less of a temper." The detective muttered. "No, no. I apologize, sir. I don't know if I said anything wrong but-" Akemi gently patted Izuku's shoulder. "Relax. You're good." She interrupted him calmly.

Touya was amused...until he took a look at a photograph from the file. "Where the fuck did you get this?" Dabi switched looks between Tsukauchi and the picture in his hands with a growl. Akemi glanced attentively at the picture he was holding and abstained from a flabbergasted gasp. "Isn't it a crime to withhold stuff like this without consent from the people involved?" She blurted. "Let me see that!" Bakugou grunted and snatched the picture from the villain's grasp, practically gagging at what he saw. "It's practically porn..." Ground Zero grunted under his breath with disgust.

"Can I finish please?" The detective reiterated. Akemi and Midoriya tentatively nodded and waited for him to continue speaking. The fiery blonde and Dabi, however, kept their attention on the picture. All they could do was keep wondering what other invasions of privacy the station maintained under wraps. "I'm sorry to disappoint you two but I am going to need that photo back." Tsukauchi requested patiently. "You better tell me how the hell you got it-" The villain growled. "Strictly confidential." The detective answered immediately, prudently taking back the picture.