Chapter 8

(I FINALLY finished chapter 8! Partially because I was procrastinating on homework :/ Some of it is really fluffy and I'm sorry about that. I still PROMISE we're getting to the fight scenes and important parts of the plot soon!

Thanks again to all of my patient and supportive readers! If you want to make fanart or other for this book, you're more than welcome to! Just tag my Wattpad acc and/or my Instagram @ineedamirio in whatever you're posting.

Play this song at the "*'" point to enjoy the next song in the soundtrack. Again, I don't understand how this song fits so well with this chapter but it does.

I appreciate all of you for supporting my work and giving Dabi and some of my underrated favorites some love! Enjoy!)

Chapter 8

Operation Infiltration

Now...

"We can't tell her anything about it?" Akemi Clayton reviewed Emily Stiles's instructions. "Nope. If she hears the wrong words at the wrong time, she'll remember everything from the past seventy-two hours. I have only one backup AM ray, and it's only for emergencies. Even if I could carry it in owl form, I don't know where the yakuza base is and it could fall into the wrong hands too easily. That's not something I'm willing to risk." The half-owl, half-human insisted sternly. "How is that going to work though? We just ask her to teleport Bakugou into the yakuza and not give her the reason for it? Won't she think that's a little suspicious?" Izuku Midoriya interrogated his comrades in skepticism at the idea. His eyes fixed on Jaclyn Perry, who was dozing off on the couch in the corner of Emily Stiles's workshop. "If Dabi tells her to trust him, she'll probably just do it," Emily answered simply. "Why me?!" Dabi raised an eyebrow, hovering over the metalbender. "Because she's in love with you, dimwit." The inventor remarked. "Even I thought it was obvious." Katsuki Bakugou smirked, thoroughly entertained with what he got roped into.

"That reminds me, how long do we have to wait for her to wake up?" Akemi Clayton spoke up. "Just a few more minutes now, Akemi. Don't worry. I've tested the AM ray several times so I know how it works-" The African-American grinned as Jaclyn sat up after she used the amnesia ray on her. "Where am I?" The lass known as Diamond asks with a yawn. "Dabi! Em! Aww, Bakugou and Midoriya are here too! But who's the pretty newbie..." She babbled, making Akemi blush. "We need a favor from you, princess. It's a doozy, and we decided that you'd initiate the plan-" Touya chimed in and gently squeezed her hand. He winced at Emily's death glare with her index finger placed in front of her lips.

"What plan?" Jaclyn slanted her head in confusion. Bakugou huffed and stomped in front of her. "You need to get me into the yakuza headquarters. I thought you were smarter than this." He grumbled. "I am! I just want to know why." Diamond insisted. "We can't tell you, princess. It's important and I need you to trust us. To trust me." Touya pleaded and stared at her. "This means a lot to you, doesn't it? Especially if you're asking me for help, babes." The metalbender giggled and scooted closer to the tense villain. "Okay. Tell me when and I'll do it, alright? I got this." Diamond agreed.

"I told you she'd do it for him," Emily told Akemi and the two UA students smugly. "Ha, simp." Bakugou chuckled. "Do you want me to get you into the-wait. I know why now..." Jaclyn paused in thought. "I was captured by them and if I stay out too long, they'll be suspicious." After a moment, she finished her explanation. The other five let out a sigh of relief and thought the same thing: Good, she doesn't remember the plan. "Shouldn't we give Bakugou a disguise if we're going to the yakuza base?" The lass known as Diamond suggested. "They've never seen me before. If we get any conflict, I'll whoop their asses. Don't worry, this will work. No one messes with me." Bakugou cracked his knuckles with a wicked smirk. "I'm glad that you guys put this together, but can I say bye to you all first?" Jaclyn pouted and glanced back at the fiery blonde.