Chapter 9

(I just want to owe all of you an apology because my updates are so slow. I haven't had much motivation to finish chapter 9 until today. Now it's all wrapped up with a bow on top for all of you guys! I want to thank all of my real ones/loyal, supportive readers for giving this book so much love. I never thought it would get more than 200 views! It's like a dream!

I think after this book is over, I'll add some short stories in between certain chapters that will add more context to the rest of the plot. I already have some "in-betweens/IBs" planned in my head and I can't wait for you guys to read them!

Anyway, there's an interrogation scene in the second part of this chapter. If mentions of ADHD trigger you, skip the beginning of the second half. I stop bringing it up at the "**" point. 

Play the next song(s) of the story's soundtrack at the "*'" point! It goes with all points of the chapter, so the song loops for an hour. If you don't want to do that, that's fine. 

I hope you enjoy this chapter! The story's getting to the good parts soon, I promise! ;3)

Chapter 9

Scheming

"Dabiii!!!" Himiko Toga squealed excitedly as Dabi entered the main room of the League of Villain's hideout. The blonde rushed to give him a hug. "Hey you little psycho." Dabi grinned slightly, patting her head. He wouldn't admit it, but he did miss the League during his new job. Toga was like his little sister. They were all like his dysfunctional family, so he was excited to finally tell them about the plan to end Overhaul's scheme. "Welcome back Dabi." Mr. Compress greeted, a smile of endearment hidden by his mask. "Hey, Compress." The scarred villain replied, visibly relaxing. "Dabiiii!!" Twice yelled excitedly and scrambled to his side as well. "Give me a hug! We missed you, you grumpy little shit!" Both of the masked man's voices chirped as Dabi hesitantly allowed Twice to hug him. "It's good to see you again, Dabi." Kurogiri piped up as he returned to his spot behind the bar counter. "It's good to be back, Kurogiri." Dabi answered without hesitation.

"Dabi!" Spinner beamed unnaturally at his comrade's return. "Spinner! How's following Stain's convictions going?" Dabi greeted, genuinely glad to be reunited with the League. "Eh, could be better." The reptilian villain answered indifferently, despite his more positive demeanor. "It gets like that sometimes." The arsonist reassured him.

His cheeks flushed a bright pink at his surprised boss entering the room without a shirt on. *' "We thought you were too cool to hang out with us now. Doing who knows what with who knows who." Tomura Shigaraki remarked. "I-It's good to see you, boss." Dabi stammered, not used to seeing a shirtless Shiggy meandering around. Shigaraki glanced down at himself and blushed as well before staring back at Dabi. "Don't look at me like that. This is not a surprise gift or whatever the hell you think me without a shirt on is." The shorter blue haired man scoffed. "Sure, sure." The arsonist teased.

"Since you're here, I might as well let you sit on the couch and ask why you've ditched us for so long." Shigaraki piped up. "Oh, man. Do I have some shit to tell all of you." Dabi chuckled and sat down, putting his feet up on the ottoman in front of him. "Do you want your usual, Dabi?" Kurogiri asked, offering to get him a glass of bourbon. "You don't have to, Kurogiri. A water is fine." He insisted while relaxing. "Have you been behind all the hero and villain abductions?! We're so proud!" Twice asked curiously as he hopped onto the couch next to the fire-wielding villain. "No, I wish. Kinda.." Dabi answered. "We saw your little girlfriend get on the news. What happened to you two?" Mr. Compress questioned him as well. "Uh, well, that's part of the problem...she got captured by the bird bitch and now he has the power to brainwash people?"