Chapter 1 - All's Wells That Ends Wells

Third Person POV

Chester gets an alert and he starts to wake Barry up in the cryo pod. The mechanical whirs and Barry starts waking up as Chester smiles.

Where's Eva?" Barry asked.

Satellites have her at 2nd and Walczak," Chester informed him. "Make that 3rd and Certo. You doing okay? I know the Cryo Pod keeps your residual speed forces statis, but waking up can be pretty disorienting."

Call Joe," Barry ordered him. "Tell him I'm heading downtown."

But, Flash, you only have 1% of your speed left," Chester told him.

Barry pressed something in his ear and his mask popped out of nowhere and wore his face. "Then I better hurry," Barry said and sped off.

Barry rushed throughout the city.

Eva's coordinates slowed down," Chester informed him. "Maybe she stopped moving?"

No," Barry said as she noticed Eva up in a building. "She's going up." He rushed throughout the building and chased Eva.

Eva jumped to another building and Barry followed her and landed inside the building.

Why do you keep interrupting my mission, Flash?" Eva asked him in frustration. "I told you, we're on the same side."

If we're on the same side, then give me back my wife!" Barry yelled at her as he referred to Sarah who is still stuck in the mirrorverse. Meanwhile, Barry rushed to Eva and tried to throw a punch.

Eva used her reflection. When Barry stopped, Eva shot him in the back. Barry landed on the ground.

My fractal photons move at the speed of light," Eva mentioned. "You never had a chance." She shimmers away as Barry goes unconscious.

Flash, are you okay?" Chester asked him in the comms. "Flash?"

Barry groans.

Okay, I picked up Eva at a warehouse on 199th Street," Chester told him. "Suspected hideout of Rosa Dillon and Sam Scudder, aka..."

Top and Mirror Master," Barry finished his sentence as he stood up.

Yeah," Chester said.

Barry grunts and speeds away. He stopped suddenly as he saw Top crying over Mirror Master who was Eva's creation.

Flash?" Chester called him. "Did you make it? Did you stop Eva?"

Barry didn't answer.

Flash?" Chester called Barry again.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Mirrorverse: Central City Citizen Office

Sarah's POV

I was with Barry outside as we ordered takeout and finished eating. "Well, that was the best takeout world tour yet," I told him. "Coq au vin from Paris, sashimi from the Arctic..."

The Kansas State Fair funnel cake was Clark's recommendation," Barry mentioned.

I just wish I didn't have to go back to work already," I said as I turned back.

Is anybody still here?" Barry asked me.

Allegra went home for the day," I responded. "And Kamilla and Iris, they are..." I trailed and looked at Barry as I noticed something wasn't right. "Missing."

I've missed you so much," Barry told me.

Suddenly, a high-pitched whine came over to my head as I touched my temples.