Chapter 4 - Central City Strong

Sarah's POV

It was a long day. I just came back from work and I put the keys on the table. "Oof," I said. "Babe? You home?"

Barry suddenly whooshed into the living room and got dinner ready with candles and other stuff. He smiled at me.

I scoff in surprise. "Well, the Speed Force is definitely fixed because the loft did not look like this a second ago," I told my husband.

You like it?" Barry asked me.

I love it," I smiled as I went over to sit down. "Like the trip to Maui yesterday and the fresh crepes this morning from Paris. You, Barry Allen, are the most romantic husband ever.

We were about to kiss until our house started to rumble. Barry and I looked at each other in worry.

Barry's phone beeps. "Satellites say it's just a small, everyday earthquake," He told me.

I smiled. "Usually we have to kiss first to make the ground shake," I said.

Barry laughs. We both started to kiss each other.

~*~*~*~*~*~

I texted Allegra to come meet with me since we have a lot of work to do for the Citizen to report the recent events. Kamilla went to go take photos of the events that happened. Iris is with Cecile and Joe helping out the Central City Strong charity. I've been getting headaches lately. I don't know why. Ever since I got out of the Mirrorverse and used Eva's powers, it's been weird. But I have healing powers so it'll heal me. Anyway, I have been doing my work. I heard a knock on the door and I noticed Allegra.

Hey," Allegra greeted me. "Got your text."

Great," I said. "Sorry to drag you away. But I need those notes on the Mirrorverse article. We need to go to press ASAP. Online viewership is down 73%, and I think that my article could be what 'The Citizen' needs to pull us out of the financial hole that Mirror-Me put us in." I looked at the Central City Strong shirt that Allegra is wearing. "Ooh. Did you get me a T-shirt?"

Yes," Allegra responded and threw me one.

Thanks," I said. "Cute. Okay. So stop burying the lede. Tell me what you think. Good, huh?"

Well, it was really well written," Allegra told me.

Okay," I said. "Come on. Pretend you're my editor. Lay it on me.

Allegra turned around. "It stinks, okay?" She confessed. Allegra scoffs as she came over to me and showed me my article. "This part about the explosion at McCulloch Tech is straight out of CCPN's report. This section on Eva's framing of Sue Dearbon was already covered to death by CC News Network. And was this quote from the Maurice guy even fact-checked?"

I sighed and touched my forehead as she handed me my article. "Okay," I said. "Is there anything else?"

Yeah," Allegra said to me. "You were in the Mirrorverse the longest and knew Eva the best. You're the expert. So where's anything about your experience? 'Cause what's missing from this is you."

Look, Allegra, I'm the reporter now, not the story," I said.

This time you're both," Allegra said. "Look..." She sat down. "There are people out there just like you who wish they hadn't been a part of this story. But they were. You're their voice. So try again...for them."