Chapter 11 - Family Matters, Part 2

Sarah's POV

So, Bashir, Alexa, and I were unconscious until we woke up suddenly and got up.

So that worked," Bashir said.

What—what just happened?" Alexa wondered. "How are we still alive?"

I saw Barry with tears in his eyes.

Sarah?" He called me softly and he dragged me into a hug as he sobs.

We got out of our hug.

I don't understand," Barry said.

Neither do I," I added.

We looked at Bashir.

What did you do?" I asked him.

As-as soon as Nora came in, I kn―I knew you were right," Bashir told us. "I could see the hate in her eyes. Real anger issues—I mean, no match for me. But I—I wanted to protect you all. So I took care of it."

You made her think we were dead?" I pondered.

You made us all see it," Barry added. "It wasn't a nightmare, that was an illusion. I didn't know you could do that."

Yeah..." Bashir shook his head.

Alexa scoffs. "Neither did he," She mentioned. "You were just trying to save yourself, you jerk." She gave him a little push.

Hey, hey, hey," Bashir said. "How about 'Thank you, Bashir?' That was baller the way you stopped that mean lady from murdering us.

We were still shocked though.

I don't get it," Barry said and turned to me. "Why would Nora attack you?"

I was confused too, but then I realized why. "She sees me as competition," I revealed.

We told the team what happened to Bashir, Alexa, and I. We were at the cortex trying to find Nora.

Have we been able to locate Nora?" Barry asked.

There's no sign of her on our satellites," Cisco told us. "She could be anywhere."

She's probably out there somewhere, Sith-corrupting Deon," Chester pointed out.

I'm the reason he ran to Nora," Barry said. "If anything happens to him.

He's a god too, won't he be safe?" Allegra asked.

Yeah, she's right," Barry agreed with me. "It's only a matter of time before Nora senses the other Forces are alive." He turned to me. "Becca, it's up to us. We have to protect them."

If Nora wants Bashir and Alexa dead, then...we need to hide them," I said.

Hide them?" Caitlin questioned. "Where? A.R.G.U.S.?"

Guys, there's nowhere on Earth to hide from the Speed Force," Cisco said.

Then we won't hide them on Earth," Barry revealed.

We looked at him.

There's only one place Nora can't go," Barry mentioned. "A place where she didn't exist for a few months."

Like, in the past?" Cisco pondered.

When Nora first died?" I added. "Does that place still exist?"

It's a moment in time," Barry told us. "A dead zone that she can't access. But a Speedster can. I can take Bashir and Alexa and once they're inside—"

Once we're inside," I corrected him.

Barry looked at me.

They're my responsibility, too," I added.