. 𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒆𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒂𝒄𝒉𝒆𝒅 .

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

How many times does a heart ache in a day?
Five.
Ten.
Who counts?

Alyssa had lost counts on her heart aches. She thought she was getting used to it and then another news would shake her. She was ready to confess her truth. She was prepared to face her worst nightmare.

I hurt someone.

She knew the three words were enough to change her life from thereon. But maybe her destiny did not want her to confess her truth the particular night.

Before she could speak out the truth to Arthur, his phone rang. He was against receiving the call and only focus on Alyssa because her words mattered the most then. Also, her words had alerted him. Something about her words panicked him.

His phone rang again and again and for the fifth time.

"Agh, for the sake of mercy - answer that call." She hissed. The constant disturbance wasn't calming down her nerves. He answered the call.

"Fuck. When?" The change in his tone made her look at him in worry. The wrinkles formed on his forehead indicated a sign of something wrong happening. He avoided her glances at him and that worried her more. She heard him sigh as he answered with single words like 'shit' 'fuck' 'crap'. Those were enough to understand that something wasn't right on the other end.

He ended the call and got up from the bed. "We have to leave."

When his eyes met hers, she knew whatever it was - was important. She got up from the bed and walked to him, confused. "Everything all right?"

He grabbed her hand and walked out of the room, her being almost dragged by the speed he walked. Her confusion wasn't helping at all. She asked him to slow down and to tell her whatever was happening. They exited the house and she turned back to check the door. He didn't even bother to lock it.

"Arthur, slow down please." She prayed. The cold breeze of the night send a shiver down her body. He opened the door of the car for her to step in, which she did - without arguing because she realized he was in a hurry and wouldn't answer any of her questions.

"Will you please tell me what has happened?" She begged to know. The silence in the car was killing her. "I'm worried."

He chose to ignore her. Not that he wanted to, but his mind was occupied with different thoughts. He was worried for her because whatever she was about to witness, might affect her.

They arrived at the place. He stepped out of the car and walked to her side of the door. Opening it, he asked her to step out. She was tired - of her sleepless night and the sudden tension that he gave her.