. 𝒊 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆 .

▫▫▫

▫▫▫

The loneliness, this heavy heart -
through my eyes, I see my world fall apart.
I reach out, I cry out - begging my soul,
it had left my body, shattering me.
I'm broken, I can't heal.
this silent tear that I weap.

Those were the last words in Aurora's third Journal that she left for Aurora. All this while, Alyssa thought she was reading those words for the first time - but she didn't know that she had already read her sister's journals. It was long before she met with the accident and it erased everything from the last four years of her life.

The accident brought her pain and misery while putting a label on her of being the killer. Not that people called her that on her face, but she could see that in their eyes. She failed to understand their stares and whispers, but tonight - it all made sense to her. All the stares, the whispers, the calling out names - it was all because of one mistake of her life.

The mistake that ended two lives.
One - her past life.
Second -

Hope Coleman

She gasped as she was awakened from her sleep. The sedatives were wearing out and it made her come back to her senses. Looking around, she breathed in gasps. She couldn't control the newly developed emotion - fear.

The fear of life.

"Hope."

It came out as a lost word from her mouth. She placed a hand on her chest to control her unsteady heart, but it was of no use. Her heart was not in control of her. It was filled with panic.

Darkness did not surround her wholly, there was a little light from the lamp on the side of the bed. Placing her feet on the cold floor, she got up. The bandaid on her leg did not bother her. She did feel immense pain, but it was nothing compared to what she was feeling emotionally. Trembling and shivering, she made it towards the door. She could not get a hold of the knob, she was unable to think straight. Trying a little harder, she unlocked the door and rushed out. The room suffocated her. The grey walls made her believe that she was inside a coffin - gasping for each breath as she slowly shifted to a forever sleep. The house was dead silent, the only light that entered in was that from the window of the living room.

A pinch in her heart made her shut her eyes and cry in pain. She couldn't understand her surrounding, she only wanted to run away. Limping while trying to escape, she made it to the front door. That was when she realised she was at her home. Placing a hand on her forehead, she stiffened. Then she touched it again, only to realize that she had a bandaid on her head as well.

She had no clue what happened, only flashes of bright light and a tree came across. She shut her eyes and opened them back, the same flashes returned. Blocking the scenes away, she opened the door and was hit by the cold breeze of night.