. 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅 .

▪▪▪

▪▪▪

Dear Sylvie,

Remember when we were younger and I cried when you said you'll move to the other continent with miles of ocean difference between us? I cried my eyes out. I couldn't imagine my life without you. But right now - I think, I'm doing pretty good. You wanna know why? Because you're still miles away, there is a deep blue never-ending oceanic difference, it is everything you wanted. But still - I'm okay. Maybe because deep down I was never ready to let you go and now when you broke your promise, I think I've broken mine too. You said the difference will never bring a problem in our bond - but I don't remember the last time we talked. Do sisters do that to each other? I hope not. When was the last time you called me? Do you even remember me?

Christmas was always your favourite holiday. You loved presents, I hated surprises. But this year - I'm waiting for a miracle, I'm hoping for you to at least call me because I know - you're a busy person, you have a life of your own which now does not involve me very much, but take a breathe and close your eyes while you remember me - and please, call me. You know I act up all strong and everything, but I'm dying, well not literally - but yes - emotionally I AM.

Maybe, this year if you surprise me - I won't hate Christmas.

I'm waiting for you.

Alora.

Pressing on the send button, Alyssa sighed. A mail was never her mode to communicate with Aurora, but her elder sister left her no choice. Alyssa was desperate to talk to her and so she thought if nothing, Aurora might check her mails the first thing in the morning and that way, she might find her younger sister's mail of missing her and soon contact her. The last time Alyssa talked to Aurora was when she went to the party at Zoey's place. It's been months and Alyssa was worried.

I don't know how normal am I supposed to be with everything around me, but one thing is for sure - I'm not okay with her silent treatment. I can bear anything in the world, but Aurora not talking to me will kill me.

She thought to herself.

Last night was the same, she had a dream about Aurora and she knew that way God was indicating her to communicate with her sister who was busy in her life that she forgot she had a family behind.

Shutting the laptop, she stood up and walked out of the cafeteria. She was supposed to appear for a test and so she walked towards the class when she saw Danielle walking out of a room.

The scene from two nights before appeared in her head. Danielle's eyes met her and went narrow. But unlike any other day when Danielle would enjoy taunting her, today she walked past her. Alyssa stood there shocked.

Danielle would never leave a chance to say mean things to me. What is wrong with her?

Shrugging the thought off, she walked into the room and took a seat. The professor wasn't in the class. Her friends were all occupied with their work.