. 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒎𝒚 𝒇𝒂𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒚 .

◾◾◾

◾◾◾

Aurora's gone.

I got up from my bed and rushed out of the room. Opening the door of her room, I called her out. I heard no reply. The room was dead silent. The bed was neat and done. The duvet was perfectly fitted on the bed. She would never fold her duvet in the morning. That means she didn't sleep here.

Leaving the room, I rushed downstairs. There was no one on the couch in the living room. I heard voices from the kitchen. Walking in, I saw Landon and Dad having their breakfast while Karen prepared coffee for them.

What?
How is Karen here?

"She's gone."

Their gaze turned to me and they gave each other a confused look. Karen walked to me and made me sit on the chair. "How are you feeling now?"

"Am I late?" I asked them. "She left, didn't she?"

"Who?" Landon asked.

"Aura." I mumbled. I told her to wake me up before she left. I wanted to wish her luck and be there before she was gone.

"You've had a dream again, sweet child." Dad stated. Karen agreed with him.

"No, it was not a dream." I'm sure it wasn't a dream, it felt more realistic. Like I've been in the place before like I've lived that moment.

Maybe that was a dream, Karen wasn't in our lives back then, she is here now. Maybe they are right.

"Drink this and you'll be fine." Landon passed me my cup of coffee. I sighed and nodded. They'll not believe me. They'll think it was just another dream again. But no, it didn't feel like the other dreams that I have every night.

I felt tired, even waking up from a sleep, I didn't feel fresh. My head ached and I still had trouble breathing after what happened two days back. The pool incident has left a mark in my head, well according to Dr. Payton. He said it will take time for me to get over the incident. I'm still overwhelmed with whatever I saw that night.

I got up from the chair. "I'm leaving." I declared.

"You're supposed to rest, not leave to somewhere." Karen gave me an eye. She has become extra careful after that night. She hardly ever leaves me and it bothers me because she practically has to spend all of her time with me. I'm sure she gets bored with me and my non-sense.

"I'm going to school. I've already missed a lot, I'm struggling with my classes. I can't risk failing the year."

"You can take a break," Landon told me. "From school, from classes." I felt his caring gaze at me. "From everything."

Oh, now I see why.

"A break?" I asked him. "What am I supposed to do with another break? Have I not had enough? I was practically on the bed for three months. I've had enough of a break for now."