Supplies and Surprise

Cypher pulled his hood closer and sighed. He glanced around. There were wanted posters with his and Pete's faces everywhere. "First time for everything." Cypher muttered tearing down one of the posters with his face. 

   "What?" Pete asked raising a brow.

   "Nothing." Cypher sighed. He missed his papa. He missed his sister. He even missed his father. "We have the supplies. Lets go."

   Peter nodded and clutched their bag of coins and the stuff they bought close.

   "Hey you two!" The voice stopped both in their tracks. Crap. Someone saw them. 

   Cypher raised his hand to his face and tugged a couple of strings away. He glanced over at Peter and stood at the ready. The two were pretty good at communicating silently. 

   Maybe it was a bad idea to come this soon after the sun began rising and setting again. It was only three days after the first sunrise. They were already running low on supplies though and by yesterday they were barely scrapping by. They couldn't wait any more. 

   Peter turned to the voice. "Yes..?"

   There was a figure in the alley behind them. It separated into three smaller figures. "Oh thank goodness! It is you! No one in the dungeons knew if you two were still alive!"

   Cypher turned as well now. "What?"

   The figure that stepped forward came into the light. He had reddish brown hair and bright yellow eyes. 

   Peter grinned. 'Nano. You're okay. Oh gosh. The dungeons? Is everyone else okay? How did you escape?"

   Cypher kept his strings handy. "How did you find us?"

   Kion stepped up to stand by his brother. "Xian melted the bars a couple days ago after the sun came back up. Our powers came back a little."

   Xian didn't say anything but he stuck close to his brothers. 

  "Everyone is there. Dad and papa and uncle Mattie and Crayola." 

   Cypher inwardly sighed. They're all safe. Good. He released his strings. "Why didn't you help anyone else escape?"

   "Well we tried to get your sister since she was right next to us but that's when the guards came in." Kion huffed. 

   Cypher huffed. Of course. They went for Rune first. 

   "We heard talk about how you two had escaped the city and went north. So we headed that direction." Kion explained

   "And now we found you! We can go save everyone!" Nano chirped. 

   Peter bit his lip. "I don't think that's a very good idea. There are only five of us and none of us have very strong powers. We need to wait... Right Cypher?"

   Cypher nodded. "He's right. We need time."

   "Time? Its been six years!" Xian hissed finally speaking up. 

   Cypher glanced at the youngest (oldest?) triplet. "And how do you purpose we beat them?"

   Xian growled. "Listen I dunno who made you boss but our dad is back there! We have to rescue him!" 

   "Going back now will only get you captured or worse. You can't help them if you're dead. C'mon Pete." Cypher turned to head back to the mountain

   Peter turned but hesitated. "Don't mind him. He just wants to keep us safe..."

   Cypher huffed pulling his hood closer. He couldn't do much anyway. All he has is his strings. Theres no way he and these kids could fix everything...