Double Crossed

"So where are they?" Charlie smoothed out the map with a sinister grin. He almost had them. The escaped viruses. His youngest brother. A way to stay in power and all he had to do was share with this poor pitiful kid. The end was in his grasp. 

   Cypher looked over the map. "Here. This mountain. In a cave." He had a blank look on his face.

   "Good. We'll go there at once." He grinned. "While they're still recovering."

   "Good idea." Cypher hummed. Strategically that was the best plan. Strike while the boys were injured. They were the only source of power now. Peter couldn't code and he was only adequate with a sword. His training with Matthieu had been cut short. 

   "Your strings will come in handy. They won't see it coming." Charlie was sickeningly happy about this. 

   Cypher nodded. "They'll never know what hit them." He smiled. The deal they struck was a fine one. His help controlling the power in exchange for the attention he so desperately craved down in his soul.

   "We go." Charlie adjusted his crown carefully. That was the key to his power after all. He opened up a strong portal, nothing like the weak wobbly ones Peter and Cypher used earlier. 

   Cypher trailed after Charlie. The cave was gloomy and filled with thick air.

   Peter leapt to his feet. Fear covered his face. Gosh he was so young still... He pushed Xian behind him and whispered something in a small voice. 

   "Get them."

   Cypher obeyed. He tugged strings away from his face and roped the four up disregarding their injuries. 

   Peter yelped and hit the floor with a thud. He looked up with a daze before his face hardened. "Traitor!"

   Cypher flinched at the comment. It was true though. He did betray his companion of six years. He did it because this was the best course of action. 

   "I trusted you! They're hurt! You can't do this!" Peter pleaded. "Cypher!"

   Charlie huffed and opened a portal under the group. They were gone. Most likely into a cell. With their injuries the boys wouldn't be able to escape again. 

   This was it. There was no one left to stop The Black King. He had what he wanted.