The Cabin

⋙ʝ⋘

Jimin stepped away, breathless from the kiss, but he didn't break their eye contact, the younger still holding him close. He knew that if he did, he might give in to the panic of what he had done. Jungkook was his rock. The thing he needed not to drown in all of this. 

Jungkook stared down at him speechless with a parted mouth and lips that were slightly swollen from their kissing. 

The world seemed to be holding it's breath, the silence deafening and the moment frozen in time. 
Then the first murmur's started. Quiet, like the far away beating of wings, drawing closer, getting louder until it sounded like the ground was a nest of angry, swirling bees. People turned to their neighbors, speaking with an ever growing volume, pointing and staring at Jimin and Jungkook still locked in a tight embrace. 

"Guys, maybe we should go somewhere less crowded," came Namjoon's urging suggestion and only then did Jimin allow himself to glance away from Jungkook. 
The boys still looked shell shocked, their mouths hanging open safe for Namjoon, who looked slightly worried, glancing all around them to the hive of humans eyeing them hungrily. 
And only now did he realized Tae wasn't with them. In all the mess and chaos, he hadn't noticed the younger was missing. 

It was Jin next, who was able to catch himself and let out a snort, followed by a grin. "I'm not sure JK is able to move yet. Jimin really broke him this time." 

And then the rest of them broke out of their stupor and let loose a low rumble of laughter. Jimin released a breath he didn't know he'd been holding. Namjoon moved forward, the worry in his eyes only barely visible anymore as he clapped Jungkook's shoulder while laying his other hand on Jimin's. His eyes shimmered with love as he looked at them both, his smile wide and broad.

"I'm really happy for you two. Really, fucking happy. But lets get out of here and go somewhere where there isn't half the school hanging to every word we're saying."
"Yeah, let's get outta here," Yoongi added like he really wanted to leave.

"Wait.." Jimin stumbled out, "I still have class. I can't miss it or I'll risk my scholarship!"

Hoseok came to their side and threw an arm around Namjoon, a bright, dazzling smile on his face. 
"Don't worry ChimChim. Let Namjoon talk to your teachers and I'll promise they wont even note down you were missing. This Hyung can convince anyone to do anything. And I really don't think you wanna go back to class right now. It'll be chaos. Gossip like this travels faster than lightning."

Jimin swallowed thickly. No. He really, really didn't want to go to class right now, so he found himself nodding in agreement. 
And then, because Jungkook was still frozen, Namjoon gave them both a push and the younger stumbled a few steps, taking Jimin with him as Namjoon shoved them in the direction of the parking lot. Jungkook let go of him only to take his hand and intertwine their fingers. 
People let out shouts around them as they hurried over the grounds. 

Jungkook still hadn't said a word until they reached the car. 

Some of the students had followed them, scrambling after them with their phones in the air. Oh bloody fart-knuckles, were they taking pictures of them? 
He felt like a pop-star stalked by fans, his pictures surely about to spread on the internet the very next day.

Yeah... he would have definitely had a panic attack if he'd gone to class right now. 
Namjoon ushered them into the car while Jin jumped into the drivers seat, starting the car before Jimin even had time to sit. 
He found himself perched between a still silent Jungkook and a brightly beaming Hoseok. 

Yoongi on the passenger seat turned up the music and rolled down the windows as they drove. 
"Where is Tae?" He found himself ask as they entered a highway. He just had to say something because Jungkook's silence was beginning to make him nervous. Was he just surprised? Or maybe angry with Jimin to announce everything so publicly? He thought Jungkook would be fine with that. It had seemed like the thing he'd wanted to do himself but hadn't because of his worry for him.