Prologue: One Year Ago

He stood at the center of the room, ready to face whatever the crowd outside would throw at him. He knows he's strong. Stronger than most of the people or ghouls that want him gone. He wasn't afraid of them.

She sat at the corner of the room, mad at how weak she was. She wasn't as strong as the others, but her bravery exceeds everyone else. She wanted to be strong for everyone but her strength wasn't enough.

The bright lights turned off swallowing both rooms in complete darkness. Both ghouls didn't flinch. They aren't scared of the dark.

"Am I dead?"
He asked himself as he stared out into the darkness.

"Have I gone blind?"
She thought to herself as she finally looked around.

A ray of light shone above him like a spotlight in a stage play. He turned around and saw another room through the glass.

She saw him staring in to the room through a wall of glass. Then a ray of light also shone above her when she ran towards the glass.

He screamed her name as he tried to reach her by shattering the glass between them, wanting to touch her, hold her and protect her.

She cried as she looked at his face, trying to memorize it because she knows that they live in a world where there is no happy ending.

"I'm not the protagonist of a novel or anything... I'm a college student who likes to read, like you could find anywhere. But... If, for argument's sake, you were to write a story with me in the lead role, it would certainly be... A tragedy."

"Everything is 'terrible'? Don't make me laugh. So what about me... For me, it's been terrible since I was born."

He watched her, frozen in shock.

She watched him, her heart breaking.

He watched them drag her by her hair away from the glass wall.

She watched them kick and beat him away from the glass wall.

He couldn't stand what he was seeing and what they were going through but he couldn't tear his eyes away from her.

She knew she wouldn't be able to see him again but she knows they wouldn't be able to take her away from him.

He watched her be restrained on the operating table.

She watched them hang him with his hands above his head.

He watched her trying to attack them.

She watched him kill three of them.

He watched someone cut her stomach open.

She watched someone smash his head in.

He heard her scream in pain.

She heard his complete silence.

He looked her in the eye through his injuries. He wanted to see her. He wanted her to know that he's watching over her. He wanted her to know he loves her.

She kept her eyes open even if she's being dissected alive. She wanted to see him. She wanted him to know she still cares. She wanted to know that she loves him.

He watched her exhale and close her eyes.

She watched him stare at the distance, dazed.

"Touka!" He screamed with all his strength.

"Kaneki..." She whispered with her last breath.

(Author's Note! <3)

Hi! :)

So... I sooo ship Kaneki and Touka which made me do this fanfic.

What do you think?

Is is very dramatic? Comment your thoughts and I'll answer you as long as I don't spoil you with the coming chapters. Hihi.

This prologue might seem too sad but I promise I'll give you a lot of OTP feels so please vote and share to all TouKen fans.

Enjoy!

PS

I don't own Tokyo Ghoul, Touka, Kaneki and all the other characters but all other original characters and this fanfic is all my idea and effort so please don't copy or translate without my permission.

Peace out everyone.
Spread the love!

follow•read•vote•comment•share

*smooch*
<3