Chapter Four: Her Resentment

She got to her class just in time. The professor was just starting his roll call when she sat on a chair near the widows.

A classmate of hers gently bumped her when her name was called. She didn't heard it for she was too distracted.

"I'm Kaneki. I'm Kaneki Ken."

She put a strand of her hair behind her ear suddenly feeling conscious when she remembered how adorable he was when he said his name after being embarrassed that it was her who introduced herself, instead of him asking for her name before bringing her to Anteiku.

She didn't actually cared when she realized they haven't exchanged names yet for she already felt comfortable around him but, she wanted him to remember her... Not just her face but also her name.

When he told her his name, her feelings didn't changed except for the fact that she felt weird for having the thought that she already knew his name even before he said it.

As a good student, she shook her head and took out a pen and her notebook. She needed to study to show gratitude towards her new family.

She might not remember how it feels to have her first family because of the accident she had, she likes to think that this new one is as happy as the first one.

She listened to her professors, jot down notes and interacted with her classmates as usual. When the bell rang for lunch, she was still elated because of what happened earlier in the morning.

She collected her things and stood up. Lunch was one of her favorite time not because it doesn't involved studying but because she and her new siblings can go out and eat wherever they want.

"Hey."

The girl with short blonde hair and green eyes greeted her. She smiled right back at her and asked where their "brother" is.

"Suzuya will be running late. He's... Busy. With something..."

She didn't like how her new siblings seem to hide things from her but maybe siblings are like that. She wouldn't know for she couldn't even remember her own true brother.

"Let's eat at our usual place so Suzuya can find us."

She liked the ramen house where they always eat at because when they go there during weekends, the three if them would get some alcoholic drinks and the prim and proper looking girl in front of her just turns in to someone she's not when intoxicated but she wanted to see him again... She suggested going to the cafe instead.

She saw how the girl's passive face turn in to a frown. She could even see how hard she clenched her jaw and she also noticed how tight her fists were clenched.

"Stop talking!"

She was genuinely surprised about how she reacted.

"How did you find that place?"

She felt scared but annoyed about how her "sister" was reacting. She explained how she met a boy at the hospital and how he brought her to the cafe like a gentleman.

"Are you that stupid to be dragged around by someone you didn't know? What if you get in to trouble?"

She felt offended by how harsh the other girl was talking but she understood her point.

"You don't get to do everything just because you want to."

She tasted bitterness from the words she heard her say. She was confused as to why the other girl was reacting meanly.

"Akira..."

She turned her head towards the playful voice that sang out the other girl's name.

"Why do you look like you've seen a ghoul eating a human right in front of your eyes?"

She gasp for people have stopped talking about ghouls but her "brother" always seemed out of sorts so he usually doesn't care about what others would think of.

"I've heard something more offensive."

She instantly frowned about how her "sister" replied but she let out her breath for she at least seemed to finally have calm down.

"What happened then?"

She looked at Suzuya with intense eyes telling how Akira just suddenly bursted when she mentioned Anteiku.

"Because-"

She watched as Suzuya bent his head backward to silence whatever Akira was going to say.

"Just because Amon-san is gone Akira... You can't always act that way towards everyone."

She wanted to ask who was Akon and what happened to him so she could understand her new family better but Suzuya and Akira seemed to be in their own world.

"You stay away from that boy and that cafe if you want to stay normal."

She felt her heartbeat skip as Akira growled at her as she walked away.

"Please forgive her."

She smoothed her face as Suzuya smiled at her.

"She just lost someone really close to her so she doesn't like it when others become happy."

She nodded in reply though she still felt like Akira took her happiness personally offending.

"Come on..."

She put on a fake smile and followed him towards the ramen house they love to eat at.

Her stomach twisted when they got to the place because Akira had already ordered three bowls of ramen.

"Itadakimasu!"

She smiled as Suzuya cheered and started digging in to his food.

"Itadakimasu."

She looked at her food as Akira picked up her chopsticks without even acknowledging her prescence.

"If you can finish that bowl of ramen, then maybe... You can stay at the cafe you've been talking about. But if... You can't even make yourself taste the food Suzuya and I love to eat. How would you expect your life to be with a boy who lives at a cafe?"

She wished she didn't wanted Akira to notice her. But what she just said challenged her so she picked up her chopticks.

She saw Suzuya stopped mid-chew and watched her take her first bite.

"She's still a fighter."

She heard Suzuya murmur at Akira.

"If only things are different..."

She heard Akira reply.

She wanted to know more about what her siblings were talking about but she needed to finish the whole bowl.

A few more meat were left in the bowl when she felt herself being pulled towards another different kind of bowl.

"It's over."

She heard Suzuya sigh as he watched her stand up.

"You'll never go back to that cafe."

She heard Akira's voice command her as she ran towards the bathroom and emptied her stomach as if her feelings can also be vomitted.

(Auhor's Note! <3)

So...

How did you feel about this chapter?
Thank you for reading!

Please vote, comment and share!

PS

I don't own the anime and the characters involved in this fanfic but all other original characters and the storyline is all my idea and effort so please don't copy or translate without my permission.

Peace out everyone.
Spread the love!

follow•read•vote•comment•share

*smooch*
<3