𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘦𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘴 ☽

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╰┈➤ 𝚃𝚒𝚝𝚕𝚎: ꜰɪʀᴇᴡᴏʀᴋꜱ
✦ 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚙: ʟᴀᴅɪᴇ (ʟᴜᴋᴇ x ꜱᴀᴅɪᴇ)
✦ 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚛𝚎: ꜰʟᴜꜰꜰ/ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴛɪᴄ
✦ 𝚁𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙱𝚢: ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

The horizon glowed a soft tone of gold, the glare reflecting from the moon. Several gleaming stars sparkled in the dark, inky sky, sprinkled across the night sky, dancing across the breathtaking empyrean.

A pale, creamy yellow crescent moon could be seen in the distance, the golden and white lights lighting up across the buildings, the familiar sounds of a nighttime city filling the air.

It was a beautiful summer night, for once, the dusk wasn't invaded with grey, dreary clouds.

Two 25-year-olds stood at the top of a large hill, the gentle sea-green grass tickling both of their bare feet, both of them silently taking in the view of the twilight over the city.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Luke asked, turning towards his lover, raking a hand through his messy, copper locks.

"It really is," Letting a soft, rarely-seen grin spread across her face, Sadie turning her body to face her boyfriend. Balancing on her tippy-toes, she carefully gripped his shirt, placing a quick, passionate kiss onto his chapped lips.

He managed to briefly return it before she pulled away, slightly smirking as she gazed up at the auburn-haired man.

Noticing a few loose raven strands lingering over her tranquil, magenta eyes, he reached his hand up, brushing them behind her ear. After doing so, his eyes pulled back onto hers.

It was incredible, how both of them thought the other's eyes were the most beautiful, perfect things in the world.

"Luke..." She murmured, cupping his cheek, gingerly caressing it with one hand, while the other guided itself onto his shoulder.

He faintly returned a small smile, wrapping his arms around his girlfriend. One stayed at her hip, while the other fiddled with the tip of her braid.

"I love you so much... You know that..." She sighed, her eyes tracing his face. The milky glow of the moonlight reflected off his face, making half of it lightly shine, appearing even more captivating than usual.

"I love you too, Sunshine," Luke cooed back, half-closing his eyes, leaning forward. He expected to meet with his lover's lips, however felt a finger on his mouth before doing so.

"I'm not done, let me finish," She giggled, removing her fingers from his face, her hand finding its way to the back of his neck, her thumb tracing small circles, "As I was saying... You've always been there for me. You were the first person to talk to me. You understood me, you listened to me when nobody else would... And eventually, I fell in love with you..." She paused, taking a deep, shaky breath, "You're the one... The one I wanna spend the rest of my life with..."

Luke's grin widened, as he tipped his head forward, pulling them into a sweet, wistful kiss. This time, Sadie didn't stop him.

While the chestnut-haired man was caught up in the romantic gesture, Sadie had a chance to remove her hand from his neck, slipping it into her back pocket.

She fumbled for a moment before she felt something cold brush against her fingers. She smirked into their kiss, although her heart was pounding out of her chest. She had been nervous and sweaty the entire night, and she wasn't sure if she was very good at hiding her emotions, or if Luke was just extremely oblivious, but he thankfully didn't notice.

Finally pulling away, their eyes fluttered open. Sadie's eyes glanced into those of her lover, before flickering them towards the watch on her hand.

Right on time.

She glanced back up at him, plastering on a grin, "You're always doing super, extravagant, romantic gestures for me..." She purposely dragged out the sentence a bit, adding a pause for suspense, "For once, let me be the romantic one..."

Just on cue, the loud, crackling pop of fireworks pierced through both their ears, red lights shining onto both of them.

Curious, Luke turned his head to the source of the sound, only to be greeted by bright, blinding red fireworks spelling out something. His eyes took a moment to adjust, before scanning out the words the fireworks spelled out, managing to do so before the message disappeared into thousands of small scarlet lights.

"Luke Peterson, will you marry me?"

His golden eyes widened, turning towards the woman he loved, to find her already on one knee, holding out a shimmering diamond ring, a small smile on her pale face.

"S-Sadie?!" The man uttered, clear confusion brimming his tone.

"What do you say, Peterson?" She asked, referencing the nickname she had given him back when they first met.

Teras glossed over Luke's vision, streaming down his cheeks, as he quickly nodded, attempting to brush them away, "Yes!" He beamed, "Definitely!"

Sadie let out an audible sigh of relief, standing up and walking closer to the ginger man. The two of them exchanged gentle smiles, before Luke held out his hand, while the ebony-haired woman slipped the bright ring onto his ring finger.

After doing so, Luke examined the diamond for a moment, before switching his gaze back to his girlfriend, trying to bite back a giant grin. Both of them were crying at that point.

Sadie reached her arms, collapsing into his arms. He was quick to wrap his own around her, lifting her feet off the ground.

The young couple laughed and giggled, as Luke twirled around his now-fiancée.

"Lukey," Sadie managed through her joyous laughter. He stopped spinning her, turning his head to glance into her amethyst eyes.

"Yes, my sweet?" He mused, attempting to catch his breath.

She only stared at him, looking into his delicate, endearing, butterscotch eyes. Those gorgeous orbs she could get lost in any moment of any day.

"What is it?" Luke asked, placing her on the ground, her feet softly hitting the grass. Though he didn't mind, he was still confused by her staring.

"Nothing, it's just..." her voice drifted off, almost losing her train of thought, before adding...

"I'm so deeply, completely, utterly, and totally in love with you... I just love you. That's it, there's nothing else to it."

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

So, this is my first one-shot in this book! ^^
I'm trying to make these as aesthetically pleasing as possible- how'd I do?

This is a small one-shot I wrote a little while back. I decided to share it! Ladie is honestly one of the most underrated ships in the fandom, and I'm happy it gained more shippers while I was writing "Anhedonia"! 

I hope you all enjoyed! Until next time, bye!

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━