𝘍𝘪𝘳𝘴𝘵 𝘔𝘦𝘦𝘵 ੈ✩‧₊˚

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

╰┈➤ 𝚃𝚒𝚝𝚕𝚎: ꜰɪʀꜱᴛ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ
✦ 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚙: ᴅʀᴏᴇʏ
✦ 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚛𝚎: ꜰʟᴜꜰꜰ/ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴛɪᴄ
✦ 𝚁𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙱𝚢: ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

A/N: A few notes before this one-shot, this is my healthy Droey AU, so basically the canon universe except Droey is healthy Also, I'm aware Drew and Zoey are (probably?) the same age in the canon series, just for the sake of this one-shot Drew is a year older than herLastly, I'm aware they both act quite a bit out-of-character in this. This takes place when they're both fairly younger, and I imagine their personalities changed quite a bit since then, and they were a lot more friendly

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

A girl walked down the crowded, narrow halls of the school, her curly strawberry blonde hair bobbing behind her as she slightly skipped. She hugged her textbooks close to her chest, her bright lime green eyes glued to the ground in front of her as she walked.

On her phone, the song "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry played, coursing through her earbuds, drowning out the overlapping chatter from the students.

*'New school, new life,'* She thought to herself, focusing deeply on keeping her breaths steady. *'You got this, Zoey.'*

A large lock of blond fell into her face. "Oh," Zoey softly murmured to herself. She stopped in the middle of the hallway, lifting up a knee to support the textbooks as she released one arm from them to put the strand back into place. After tucking it behind her ear, she also adjusted her candy red heart-shaped sunglasses, that were slowly sliding off her head into her face.

Zoey weakly grinned, about to start walking again, when an abrupt force slammed into her from behind, knocking her forward, her textbooks and papers scattering in the hallway, along with her earbuds that were torn out of her ears in the collision.

Mostly everyone ignored her, walking around her. Although a few did glance and snicker amongst themselves. Zoey sat there in shock for a few seconds, before slowly reaching to get her things. She hung her head in embarrassment, hoping all the students glaring at her wouldn't be able to recognize her.

The student who knocked her over–A smaller girl with bright fuschia hair and fiery red eyes– continued staring down at her phone, not bothering to even glance at Zoey to see if she was okay. "Oops," was all the girl uttered, as she continued mindlessly walking.

Her emerald green eyes burning with anger, Zoey stared the girl down as she walked away. Letting out a sigh of frustration the blonde continued in trying to get her stuff, however the stampede of students' feet created quite a challenge.

As she reached for her last textbook, however, another hand beat her to it. She instantly looked up, being met with a pair of dark chestnut eyes.

Zoey felt her breath hitch. This boy was handsome. Very handsome.

Fluffy long locks of magenta curtained over his face, almost masking his mesmerising upturned eyes. He wore a plain white t-shirt and gold-chain necklace, a navy plaid cardigan with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows, and a pair of black ripped jeans. There was a sweet, innocent smile on his face, creating dimples that creased into his olive-coloured cheeks.

"Here," His deep, soothing voice chimed, handing the textbook to Zoey.

She was so distracted in staring at him, the simple word caught her off guard. "O-oh, thanks!" She stammered, grabbing it from him. Her cheeks flushed to a rosy shade, and she only prayed the boy didn't notice.