𝘕𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘐𝘯 𝘓𝘪𝘯𝘦 ❀

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

╰┈➤ 𝚃𝚒𝚝𝚕𝚎: ɴᴇxᴛ ɪɴ ʟɪɴᴇ
✦ 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚙: ᴅʀᴀɴᴅᴇʀ, ꜱʟɪɢʜᴛ ʟᴀɪʟᴇʏ
✦ 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚛𝚎: ꜰʟᴜꜰꜰ/ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴛɪᴄ
✦ 𝚁𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙱𝚢: Oceanangst

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

"Okay, I'm ready!" A teal-haired bride exclaimed, finishing adjusting her tie as she turned around to meet her brother. "How do I look?" She asked, twirling around in her white tux. 

"Like a queen," Zander beamed, clasping his hands together. 

"Really?" Hailey chuckled, dusting off the coat, "You think Luke will like it?" 

"Hails," The mauve-haired boy sighed, "He's gonna love it." 

His step-sister grinned at him, before softly sighing, turning around to gaze at the mirror, "You know, I always thought it would be you walking down the aisle to Luke." 

Zander scoffed in response, "Believe me, for the longest time, so did I," His violet gaze softened, recalling his breakup with the drummer, the rather eventful first year of college... Drew...

"Did you finish writing your best person speech?" Hailey asked, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"Huh?" He lightly shook his head, breaking away from the memories, "Oh, yeah..." He passed for a moment, before faltering, "You know, as much as I love being your best person, I'm not one to make good speeches..." 

"Geez, not this again," Hailey groaned, rubbing the bridge of her nose, annoyed the topic had come up once more, "Come on, you only have to say like two paragraphs! And besides, all you have to do is talk about me and Luke, and love, and whatever," She suddenly stopped, a sly smirk spreading onto her face, "It shouldn't be that difficult, considering how lovey-dovey you are around Drew~" She teased, biting her lip in a futile attempt to hold back a giggle. 

Zander felt his face burn, his eyes widening, his shoulders tensing up, "H-Hey!" He stammered out. 

Her sister let out a quick cackle, before placing a hand on her brother's shoulder, "In all seriousness though," She composed herself, sucking in a deep breath, "No pressure. You'll just be making a speech about me and the love of my life in front of hundreds of people, including a bunch of judgy strangers. And it's only like, what'll no doubt be the most important and special day of my life, so, no pressure at all." 

"I hate you," Zander muttered, as Hailey laughed once again.

"Come on," The ebony-eyed woman laughed, fixing up her suit once more, before grabbing the bouquet of white roses on the sanity, "It's showtime."

---

"Alright, Jake!" Sean exclaimed into the microphone, "That was a pretty amazing best man speech!" 

The peach-haired boy smiled, going back to the large table at the end of the venue, where Zander and the newlywed couple sat. Before sitting down at his spot next to Luke, he leaned over, whispering into Zander's ear, "Beat that." He pulled away, giving a playful smirk towards the ombre-haired man, sitting back down.

"Next up for speeches, we got, none other than Hailey's brother, Zander!" The latter took a deep breath, standing up and grabbing the microphone. A few cheers and claps were heard from the crowd.