𝘓𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘕𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘕𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘴 ✎

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

╰┈➤ 𝚃𝚒𝚝𝚕𝚎: ʟᴀᴛᴇ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ɴᴏᴛᴇꜱ
✦ 𝚂𝚑𝚒𝚙: ᴘʟᴀᴛᴏɴɪᴄ ʟᴜᴀ (ʟᴜᴋᴇ x ʟɪᴀ)
✦ 𝙶𝚎𝚗𝚛𝚎: ꜰʟᴜꜰꜰ/ᴘʟᴀᴛᴏɴɪᴄ
✦ 𝚁𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝙱𝚢: ɴᴏʙᴏᴅʏ

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

An ebony-haired girl sat at her desk, her hickory eyes scanning over the question, pencil scribbling down the equation. After pushing off her homework for nearly a week, Lia finally had to do it.

She had her playlist on her phone, the sound from the earbuds pouring into her ears, flooding her with a relaxing feeling, slightly distracting her from the stressful homework.

Her room was decorated with fairy lights, blending well with the inky night sky, pale gold moonlight bleeding through the thin, translucent curtains that rested right in front of her desk. The main source of lighting in her room, aside from her fairy lights, was the lamp on her desk, giving off a warm yellow beam.

Lia paused her writing for a moment. Without moving her head, her dark eyes flickered up, glancing out her window. Although she couldn't get a look due to the curtains, she could still partially see through them.

In the house next to her own, a golden-eyed teenage boy was pacing through his room, raking a hand through his copper locks, as his other hand held his phone to his ear.

Wanting to get a better look at the sight, Lia reached up, grabbing onto one of the curtains, tugging it to the side. She got a much more clear view on what was going on in the white home next to hers.

The usually calm expression Luke held was replaced with a tense one, as he was quite clearly stressed.

The onyx-haired teen briefly turned her head, getting a glimpse of her clock.

1:14 am.

Luke had been on the phone for three hours now, Lia silently watching as she did her homework the entire time.

She was worried about him. The two had known each other their entire lives, though they'd never consider each other anything other than a neighbor. In all those years of having their bedroom windows directly across from each other, she'd never seen him appear this upset. They weren't friends, they were simply, utterly neighbors, mere acquaintances at best, but she still wanted to make sure he was okay.

He suddenly gazed over at her, causing the two to make eye contact for a moment, before Lia quickly looked away, slightly embarrassed Luke had caught her staring.

After a few seconds, she gazed back at him, only to see him still staring at her. Neither of them looked away this time.

Luke said something into the phone, before breaking their eye contact to hang up on whoever he was calling, placing the device onto his nightstand.

He then gave Lia a bright smile along with a small, shy wave. She returned his grin, then stood up, pushing her curtains to the side, giving her full access to view Luke's window.

She didn't know why, but something in her gut told her Luke needed someone to talk to at that moment. So, Lia sat back down, tore a blank from her math notebook, grabbing her a sharpie, then carefully wrote a sentence in large, bold letters.

You okay?

She wasn't sure why she was doing this. The two had barely ever spoken, aside from a few friendly conversations at school or just outside their houses.

He stared at the paper for a moment, then let out a soft laugh. Though she couldn't hear it, Lia could tell by his expression.

The auburn-haired boy walked to the other side of his bedroom where his desk was, and Lia could see him writing something down.

He returned to his window, his playful aura being replaced by a slightly more serious one. He showed her a lined paper, words printed across in dark indigo marker and messy, though readable handwriting.

Yeah, just having a rough day :/

Lia pondered for a moment, before ripping out another paper, jotting down another question.

Wanna talk about it?

Luke gave her a grateful smile, nodding, before going back to his desk. He came back with a notebook and marker, sitting down on his windowsill, beginning to write as Lia patiently waited for him to finish.

Zander and I had our first fight :(

"So that's who he was on the phone with all night..." Lia mumbled to herself, making more sense of the situation. Nearly the entire school was aware of the drummer and pianist's relationship. Living next door to Luke, Lia was one of the first to find out. She then removed the lid from the sharpie, continuing their conversation.

Sorry to hear that :[
Don't worry! I'm sure you guys will make up soon! :)

He gave her another weak smile, looking back down at his notebook.

Thanks Lia. That means a lot to me :)

She was pleased she was able to put him into a more cheerful mood, but she still felt bad. Luke clearly had more emotions bottled up than he was showing. He needed to let them out, and he couldn't do that through some silly notes.

So, Lia opened her window, popping her head through, the cool, twilight breeze blowing onto her, gusting her charcoal hair out of place.

Luke did the same, clutching onto the edge of the frame as he peered out his half-open window.

"Hey," Lia called out, giving him a small smile.

"Hi," The butterscotch-eyed boy giggled back.

She took a deep breath before continuing, "Do you wanna walk to school together tomorrow?"

He held a slightly surprised expression, before it transitioned into a thankful, delighted grin. "I'd like that."

Lia let out a sigh of relief. She wasn't sure why, but she was relieved to be able to talk to him, "Great!" there was a small pause, both of them unsure what to say next, "Goodnight, Luke."

"Night, Lia," He beamed back, flashing his iconic bright smile, before crawling back into his room, closing the window as he did so.

A moment later, the radiant light in his room vanished, leaving it dark.

Lia closed her window as well, continuing to do her homework, content with the results of the last few minutes.

She decided she would leave her window open more often, just in case Luke ever needed to talk. Because they weren't just neighbors.

They were friends. 

~~~